Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bank robber drops 100,000$ on your feet, what do you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bank robber drops 100,000$ on your feet, what do you do?

so you walk on the street, a motorcycle passes by and a bag with 100,000$ of stolen bank (e.g. insured ) money drops on your feet. do you keep it?

this happened to 3 kids in athens today (and it was 100,000 euro not wothless $ ). they contacted one of the kids' father and he gave the money to the police.
    I keep it
    0%
    I call the authorities
    0%
    Spend half on bananas, give the other half
    0%
    Last edited by MarkG; December 13, 2008, 00:40.
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

I don't know, but the cost at your reputation, if the authoritah found out that you kept the money, is too high for my taste.
    bleh

Comment

How about if a Brinks guard leaves $80,000 on a counter?

Yes, it was tempting -- but bus driver Rick Bazinet knew all along what he'd do with the bag of $80,000 he found at a London Tim Hortons.

He gave it back.

"In hindsight, I guess it would have been nice to have. And Christmas sure would have been great, but it wasn't mine," Bazinet, 34, said yesterday, a day after finding the Brinks bag as he stopped on his London Transit route for a coffee and washroom break.

(more)

Read latest breaking news, updates, and headlines. London Free Press offers information on latest national and international events & more.
      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil
        How about if a Brinks guard leaves $80,000 on a counter?
        dont answer my question with another question!

Comment

My story is true (as evidenced by the link). Your story is made up.
          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

I would give it back.

Then again I don't have any money problems right now, so maybe I'd choose differently if I were destitute. But, that's only logical I suppose.
            "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
            "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil
              My story is true (as evidenced by the link). Your story is made up.
              learn greek and read
              Στην Αστυνομία παρέδωσαν τρεις μαθητές πακέτο με 100 χιλιάδες ευρώ που έπεσε από ληστές και ήταν μέρος από τη λεία της ληστεία τους στην Αργυρούπολη.

Συγκεκριμένα, ένοπλη ληστεία σημειώθηκε την Παρασκευή σε χρηματαποστολή στην Αργυρούπολη. Το ύψος του ποσού που εκλάπη δεν έχει διευκρινιστεί, αλλά σύμφωνα με αστυνομικές πηγές, πιθανόν να ξεπερνά τα 2 εκατομμύρια ευρώ.

Όπως έγινε γνωστό από την Αστυνομία, την ώρα που οι δράστες διέφευγαν, τούς έπεσε πακέτο με εκατό χιλιάδες ευρώ, το οποίο μάζεψαν τρεις ανήλικοι μαθητές παρακείμενου σχολείου.

Ο ένας από αυτούς, ειδοποίησε τον πατέρα του, ο οποίος ενημέρωσε την Αστυνομία και τα χρήματα παρεδόθησαν.

Comment

There was only $75,000. The robber must put the rest in his pockets.
                Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Re: bank robber drops 100,000$ on your feet, what do you do?

Originally posted by MarkG
                  so you walk on the street, a motorcycle passes by and a bag with 100,000$ of stolen bank (e.g. insured ) money drops on your feet. do you keep it?

this happened to 3 kids in athens today (and it was 100,000 euro not wothless $ ). they contacted one of the kids' father and he gave the money to the police.
                  I'd have been oh so tempted to keep it; but believing in things the way that I do, I'd give it up and keep believing that it would go towards my soul's balance sheet.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by ColdWizard
                    There was only $75,000. The robber must put the rest in his pockets.
                    actually, the robbers in the kids' case stole 2 million euro

Comment

Kinda reminds me of the bank robbers in my town this year who were throwing their loot out the car window during the high-speed chase that ensued:

The vehicle began speeding and weaving in and out of traffic. At I-494 and County Road 81, the driver was observed throwing cash out of the driver’s side window, and just before the Rockford Road exit, the driver threw clothing out of the vehicle.

http://minneapolis.fbi.gov/dojpressr...dict040908.htm
                      You'd better believe I'd whip a U-ey and pick up a bunch of that cash had I been driving by there, but that's just me.
                      Unbelievable!

Comment

English story?

Or more details (city/date/names of the persons) so that I can google it?
                        In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Hell yeah! I'd keep it! Screw the banks, charity starts at home!

Comment

bank robber drops 100,000$ on your feet, what do you do?

I call the authorities. To complain. There's money everywhere! I don't know why they can't keep the streets clean these days.

Comment

I'd give the bank it's $10,000 back.

Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                              I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Working...
                              X