Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rah
    ARG nick at night.
    Growing up there was no cable and we were the remote control.
    THANKS, now I feel much older.

I feel the gap whenever my daughter (who claims all our music sucks) points out how all her generation's music is much better, while talking about songs that are remakes from my generation.
    Q F T rah

As a young man, we had to get up and change the channel, although we only had ABC,CBS,NBC,PBS and 2 Canadian TV station we got being in Northern Maine
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker

Wait, why would you listen to your radio somewhere else? Like, I can see if you were jogging or something...
      Because it's the only way to hear new music?

Because you only have a few albums in your record collection?

Because it's a drag to host a part, or have a girl in your room, and have to get up every 20-30 minutes to flip the lp or cassette over?

Oh, man, do I feel old.
      "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll

Q F T rah

As a young man, we had to get up and change the channel, although we only had ABC,CBS,NBC,PBS and 2 Canadian TV station we got being in Northern Maine
        its funny that growing up in Latin America in the early 80's gave me similar experiences to the gringos of the early 70's. I grew up with about 8 channels on TV, one educational, all of which ended around midnight or 1AM, Oh, and no remote either.
        If you don't like reality, change it! me
        "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
        "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
        "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369

Back in the day, people actually listened to the radio for the purpose of listening to music...
          youngin'. The radio is for baseball games and dramas.
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly
            Oh, man, do I feel old.
            Mission accomplished

Comment

Back in the day, people actually listened to the radio for the purpose of listening to music...
              Now the radio's only purpose is for listening to commercials...

-->Visit CGN!
              -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll

Q F T rah

I grew up with the 3 networks and PBS until I was about 14.

My friend that lived a half mile away from me had cable 2 years before I did.

I remember when cable TV felt special, putting on Showtime and watching Bizarre was great.

ACK!
                Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Abilene had 2 channels when I was a single digit person. I don't know which 2.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

...Never Mind.
                    Last edited by DarkCloud; December 16, 2008, 01:02.
                    -->Visit CGN!
                    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Uh huh. Yeah.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly

Because it's the only way to hear new music?
                        that's what pandora is for

Comment

How would you listen to Prairie Home Companion or Car Talk without the radio, or This American Life?
                          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Snuggles
                            How would you listen to Prairie Home Companion or Car Talk without the radio, or This American Life?
                            the real question is why would you listen to Prairie Home Companion?

(and I'm from Minnesota)
                            The undeserving maintain power by promoting hysteria.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyMartini
                              the real question is why would you listen to Prairie Home Companion?

(and I'm from Minnesota)
                              Best Hawaiian song EVER:

"On Oahu, wahoo, waaahooooo."

Comment

Working...
                              X