Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Make my Day......GOV Blagojevich arrested.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make my Day......GOV Blagojevich arrested.

Been waiting for this one for awhile. I hope they nail him. How embarassing.

I guess it isn't a good idea to win the govenor's race in Ill. A high percentage end up in jail. Of course it usually happens after they leave office. Rod has taken it to a new level and gets nabbed before his term ends.

Hopefully it's all over now.

CHICAGO (AP) — Authorities in Chicago have arrested Ill. Gov. Rod Blagojevich on federal charges.
    U.S. Attorney's office spokesman Randall Samborn says both Blagojevich and his chief of staff John Harris were arrested Tuesday. Authorities aren't yet releasing details about those charges.

Federal prosecutors have investigated Blagojevich's administration for at least three years. They've been looking at everything from how he hired people for state jobs to the actions of friends and contributors.

Blagojevich fundraiser Tony Rezko awaits sentencing on a federal corruption conviction in which he was charged with shaking down businesses wanting to do state work for campaign contributions.

The governor has repeatedly denied any wrongdoing.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

why would anyone trust Illinois politicians
    Unbelievable!

Comment

Yeah all of BO's pals.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

CHICAGO (AP) — Federal authorities in Chicago have arrested Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich, and they've accused him of attempting to benefit financially from his position to appoint Barack Obama's Senate replacement.

U.S. Attorney's office spokesman Randall Samborn says both Blagojevich and his chief of staff John Harris were arrested Tuesday.

Authorities say they've also accused Blagojevich of threatening to withhold state assistance to the Tribune Co. in connection with the sale of Wrigley Field to induce the firing of editorial board members who have been critical of the governor.

A federal official, speaking on condition of anonymity, told The Associated Press that the allegations include that the governor took money from at least one individual in connection with naming a successor for the U.S. Senate seat that was vacated by Obama. The official declined to be named publicly because the investigation was still under way.

Blagojevich is charged with conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud and solicitation of bribery.

Federal agents are in Blagojevich's office in the Thompson Center in downtown Chicago.

The governor has repeatedly denied any wrongdoing.

Holy crap!
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Chicago: Corrupt third world of the USA.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

No Mayor Daley has ever been arrested.
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Apparently according to Red State's reading of the complaint:

Blago tried to get a seat as Secretary of HHS in exchange for whoever Obama wanted for the seat, and it seems Obama's team ratted him out to the FBI for it.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                Apparently according to Red State's reading of the complaint:

Blago tried to get a seat as Secretary of HHS in exchange for whoever Obama wanted for the seat, and it seems Obama's team ratted him out to the FBI for it.
                Obama
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

It doesn't say OBAMA. Maybe someone on his staff. I guess we should wait for more details.
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Question now becomes what happens to that Senate seat? The Senate wouldn't allow a Senator that Blago picks from here on out to be seated would they? Just in case they were involved in bribing their way on?

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                      It doesn't say OBAMA. Maybe someone on his staff. I guess we should wait for more details.
                      Obama for picking Obama 's staff.

Comment

Question now becomes what happens to that Senate seat? The Senate wouldn't allow a Senator that Blago picks from here on out to be seated would they? Just in case they were involved in bribing their way on?
                        Election?

This is what we do in Canada when an elected person leaves office...by-election.

Comment

Authorities say they've also accused Blagojevich of threatening to withhold state assistance to the Tribune Co. in connection with the sale of Wrigley Field to induce the firing of editorial board members who have been critical of the governor.
                          This part is interesting, right in the wake of the Tribune Co. filing for Chapter 11.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                            Election?

This is what we do in Canada when an elected person leaves office...by-election.
                            Usually in the US, when a Senator leaves, a replacement are either appointed by the Governor (as in Illinois) until a special election the next year or until the next general election, or there is another quick election 90 days afterwards (as in Alaska). All States have a different procedure. According to Illinois, the Governor gets to name a replacement.

Stateline provides daily reporting and analysis on trends in state policy. Since its founding in 1998, Stateline has maintained a commitment to the highest standards of nonpartisanship, objectivity, and integrity. Its team of veteran journalists combines original reporting with a roundup of the latest news from sources around the country.

Comment

But in this case, it makes sense to have an election.

Common sense

Comment

Working...
                              X