No announcement yet.

EB Games only hires douchebags -- fact.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EB Games only hires douchebags -- fact.

Crossposted from Other Games:

I just got kicked out of the downtown Toronto EB Games store trying to buy Gears of War 2.

There was a ~14 year old kid infront of me returning his copy of GoW2 which he bought an hour or so before, it was a bad disc due to a manufacturing defect.

Which is fine, except the douche guy working there (who always pisses me off with his never-ending sales pitch for the "protection plan") told him he should've bought the "protection plan" (extended warranty).

The kid kept saying "but I just bought it..."

The clerk said "you always should buy the protection plan, cause these are mass manufactured which means they have defects"

The kid said "are they all like this?"

The clerk said "about 75% are in general, because they are mass manufactured"

I had to just say something then. I pointed to the sign by the cash (which they had facing AWAY from customers) about the sales and return policy. I told the kid they have a 7-day return policy they have to honour, so he doesn't have to pay anything to buy a new game.

The clerk got agitated and told me "but that's only valid on 1 copy, it's not valid on the replacement and with a 75% defect rate chances are your next will be bad too"

I just about BLEW A FUSE at the stupidity of this conversation.

I told him, paraphrased, "It's a crime to sell people knowingly defective merchandise. I don't believe that figure at all, it's bunk, and even if that's the case if you are selling people bad merchandise, you need to let them exchange it for working copies. Even if they don't, MS will replace it under warranty."

The EB employee (which is a short Latino kid with gelled-up slicked back hair in a polytail, for the visual...) just told me to leave the store immediately. I told him not to worry, I won't be buying my games from them anymore.

I'm looking up the EB Games' corporate email to report this ****ing douchebag.

I ended up going to Best Buy to get my copy.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Best Buy isn't that much better...
    B♭3

Comment

They don't pitch me extended warranties on games, or mock me for buying Xbox 360 versions of games like GTA4...
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Extended warranties on GAMES ... That should be illegal.
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

The guy also happens to be a huge Sony fanboy. Every time I bought a 360 version of a game, he tried earnestly to convince me to buy the (usually inferior) PS3 version of the game.

I want to smack him so much.

Comment

You should go there one last time and give him a mushroom stamp.
            B♭3

Comment

So I am guessing the kid got screwed? What kind of ******* tries to steal money from 14 year olds

Good on you Asher for sticking up for the little guy
              "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

No, they ended up giving him a replacement copy after I pointed the kid to the big "Sales and Return Policy" sign they tried to hide.

They did try very hard to sell him the "protection plan" on the replacement copy, which he almost did til I laughed when they asked him that...

Comment

Good on you.
                  B♭3

Comment

So wait. EBGames is now trying to force you to buy 'protection' from ... themselves.

As of when did Hoffa buy out EBGames???

Comment

The game is also 17+...I'm not sure on Canada's laws but it may've been illegal for them to even sell the game to the kid in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
                        So wait. EBGames is now trying to force you to buy 'protection' from ... themselves.

As of when did Hoffa buy out EBGames???
                        Do they not do this in the US EB Games? Every time I go, no matter what the location here, they push the "protection plan". It's seriously their policy.

Comment

I have never been offered one at EB for games. Actually, I have never been offered a protection plan for a game from anywhere.

If I had to guess they might get a comission from protection plans.
                          "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

Do they not do this in the US EB Games? Every time I go, no matter what the location here, they push the "protection plan". It's seriously their policy.
                              I haven't bought a game from EBGames in years... so dunno.

I'd expect it to be illegal, frankly... and maybe it is in the US?

EBGames folks aren't commissioned I'm fairly sure, so it's not commission. That said, lots of programs like that, the associates are expected a certain % or they're put on notice, so that's more likely it. It makes some employees really competitive and aggressive about it.

Comment

Working...
                              X