wtfpeta?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Riesstiu IV
    I mean where does this sh*t stop? Do we cease bathing because we kill millions of bacteria every time we wash ourselves? Do we stop selling insect repellent and using pesticides? Plants are living things too. Do they not count or something?
    Could you please not give PETA any more bizarre ideas than they've already got in store...

(edit: Now, for my sea kitten... here we go)

Create Your Own Sea Kitten at peta.org!
    Last edited by Monk; October 22, 2008, 22:13.

Comment

I generally laugh every time PETA does something outrageous (basically, everytime PETA does something). What bothers me, though, is that they're really symbolic of what's wrong with the broader environmental movement. Of course, there are a lot people today with perfectly reasonable messages, but they get drowned out by the crazies who think that any attention is good attention, and the public inevitably associates all environmentalism with dumb **** like this.
      "Beauty is not in the face...Beauty is a light in the heart." - Kahlil Gibran
      "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves" - Victor Hugo
      "It is noble to be good; it is still nobler to teach others to be good -- and less trouble." - Mark Twain

Comment

PETA punches way, way above its weight class.

A bunch of nutters, though.
        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by Kirnwaffen
          I generally laugh every time PETA does something outrageous (basically, everytime PETA does something). What bothers me, though, is that they're really symbolic of what's wrong with the broader environmental movement. Of course, there are a lot people today with perfectly reasonable messages, but they get drowned out by the crazies who think that any attention is good attention, and the public inevitably associates all environmentalism with dumb **** like this.
          Exactly. PETA people should not be representatives for environmentalism and the treatment of animals but because of their stupid positions they get all the attention. You will find that professionals who specialize in forestry or land/water management are far more informed on the ecological impact of human development and how to limit harmful intrusion because they actually do field work and research. All PETA people do is annoy the hell out of people.

Comment

I never thought of PETA as an environmental organization. Just a cult.

We have sea kittens. They're called catfish.
            I'm consitently stupid- Japher
            I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll

I better start worrying - I and Gramps have the same odd sense of humor
              But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
              PolyCast | Girl playing Civ + extra added babble! | Yo voté en 2008!

Comment

Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

you know you're bored when you do things like this...
                  Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                  Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                  giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by Riesstiu IV

Exactly. PETA people should not be representatives for environmentalism and the treatment of animals but because of their stupid positions they get all the attention. You will find that professionals who specialize in forestry or land/water management are far more informed on the ecological impact of human development and how to limit harmful intrusion because they actually do field work and research. All PETA people do is annoy the hell out of people.
                    Yes, they get all the attention that way. Otherwise, you wouldn't be able to name an animal rights organization.
                    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious
                      Yes, they get all the attention that way. Otherwise, you wouldn't be able to name an animal rights organization.
                      You mean like the ASPCA or the Humane Society? Or are they "animal rights Uncle Toms," siding with the enemy by not acting completely insane?

I'd like to remind everyone that PETA doesn't make environmentalism look bad. That's the job of the folks at *Greenpeace*. Their jobs sometimes overlap, but generally they're distinct movements.
                      1011 1100
                      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Can we have a PETA sub forum?
                        Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
                          There are a lot of people who don't consider fish to be animals and think you can be vegeterrian and eat fish. Sea kittens is a bit rediculous, but the campaign has reasoning behind.

JM
                          But those people are just morons, there is no point doing this just to accomodate morons
                          Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                          Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Originally posted by Kirnwaffen
                            I generally laugh every time PETA does something outrageous (basically, everytime PETA does something). What bothers me, though, is that they're really symbolic of what's wrong with the broader environmental movement

They are not an environmentalist organization. It's about protecting animals, that's all. Many members may be environmentalists, but so too are many communists. That doesn't make communism part of the environmentalist movement.
                            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

dp
                              Last edited by chequita guevara; October 23, 2008, 12:07.
                              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

B♭3

Comment

Working...
                                X