• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wtfpeta?

Sea Kittens?

Renaming fish to 'sea kittens' isn't...

Ow.
    B♭3

There are a lot of people who don't consider fish to be animals and think you can be vegeterrian and eat fish. Sea kittens is a bit rediculous, but the campaign has reasoning behind.

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Create Your Own Sea Kitten at peta.org!

In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Comment

Hmm... so are they suggesting Kittens are a delicious source of Omega-3s?
        "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
        -Joan Robinson

Comment

If so, my darling kitten Aspen's going to be dinner soon.

i can has kitteh?!
          NOM NOM NOM NOM
          B♭3

Comment

There are a lot of people who don't consider fish to be animals and think you can be vegeterrian and eat fish. Sea kittens is a bit rediculous, but the campaign has reasoning behind.
            I though their emphasis was on 'Ethical' treatment of animals? It sounds like they converted to Buddhism if their position is that eating fish is unethical. This is truly an organization thats in a exponential spiral or extremism.
            Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by Impaler[WrG]

This is truly an organization thats in a exponential spiral of extremism.
              What was your first clue?
              Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
              The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
              The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Isn't putting "WTF?" in front of PETA redundant? I mean, do they do anything even remotely sane ever?

edit: They encourage female celebrities to appear naked in advertisements. Depending on the celebrity, this can be sane. Other than that, all insane, all the time though.
                You've just proven signature advertising works!

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs Snuggles
                  If so, my darling kitten Aspen's going to be dinner soon.

i can has kitteh?!
                  NOM NOM NOM NOM

Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Originally posted by Seedle
                    Isn't putting "WTF?" in front of PETA redundant? I mean, do they do anything even remotely sane ever?
                    I wanted to use wtfPekka? but.
                    B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Seedle
                      Isn't putting "WTF?" in front of PEKKA redundant?
                      Thats what I was thinking when I saw this thread
                      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

When your name can also be used as a verb that means driving a hook through your head, it's time for a serious image makeover.
                        Indifference is Bliss

Comment

I've often wondered: do PETA members realize that many millions of innocent invertebrates (and sometimes rodents) are invariably killed as pests in the process of growing food crops? The ethical thing for them to do would be to stop eating anything, and also to duct-tape over their noses and mouths to avoid inhaling flies by accident...

I'm allergic to fish, but "sea-kitten" sounds scrumptious.
                          1011 1100
                          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

duct-tape over their noses and mouths to avoid inhaling flies by accident...
                            I've heard that their is a religious sect in India that actually dose that but with normal breathable surgical masks. And the inhaling bugs thing is true too, but rather then flies it's tiny spiders and the average person inhales a dozen spiders a year. Crazy hu?
                            Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

I mean where does this sh*t stop? Do we cease bathing because we kill millions of bacteria every time we wash ourselves? Do we stop selling insect repellent and using pesticides? Plants are living things too. Do they not count or something? When will these ass faced, hemp eating dolphin rapists learn that in order to live something else has to die whether it be plant or animal.

When our ancestors climbed up the evolutionary ladder do you think the saber tooth tiger (ancestors of the modern day kitten that so many emotionally broken retards fawn over) gave a second thought when they hunted down Homo erectus? Hell no! It's our turn now and any animal is fair game. Excuse me while I throw a kitten on the grill.

Comment

Working...
                              X