No announcement yet.

What Do You Think About The Mayans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, after watching video of Chechen rebels beheading a Russian soldier years ago, that overloaded and fried my shock circuit.

Not really a good thing, but you know.
    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael
      I ate breakfast while scrolling through that page. The internet has, over the years, completely desensitized me to that sort of thing.
      Something's very wrong with you. Sure some stupid internet gross-out collage can't hurt you, but I can't help but contemplate that what its individual components depict actually physically occurred somewhere in this universe to be photographed, and that numerous supposedly sentient beings actually took them seriously. I mean, this was all coming from the same species that at one time cured polio and went to the moon. 2012, you just can't come soon enough.

Then again, I guess it's still nowhere near as disturbing as lolcats.
      Unbelievable!

Comment

I think my brain is just seeing pixels on a screen, really. Were I faced with these images in real life, I imagine I would probably vomit out my intestines.
        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

And someone would probably be there to photograph it for fun and profit. They may even encourage you to eat them back up for added effect.
          The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

The Mayan calendar says that in 2012 (October timeframe actually, as they did not use the same year as we do obviously) the Fifth Age of Man will end. Despite what you may hear elsewhere, it does not say what will replace it or how we will recognize the event, only that all men alive at that time will know.

Two items NOT mentioned:
            12/12/2012 -- for the Mayans there is no 12th month AND our year 2012 is a different year to them,
            "Age of Information," etc. -- the Fifth Age is now and it came after the Fouth Age, no fancy titles.

Last, almost no one now follows the Mayan religion as practised when that calendar was devised. If they did a whole buch of human sacrifice and blood rituals must be performed by your priest to protect yourself at the end of the Age. I recommend we all stay calm and see what develops.
            No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
            "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Ballcourt + is nice.
              Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
              Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
              One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

The date on the Mayan calander correlates with our December 21st, 2012.

Its the 21st because that is the day of the Winter Solstice. 12/12/12 just sounds like fun to some people.
                "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

It wierds me out that a calander that lasted 5000 years ends pretty much exactly when I intend to retire.
                  Long time member @ Apolyton
                  Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Re: What Do You Think About The Mayans?

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                    What Do You Think About The Mayans?
                    I think their chicks tend to be a bit undernourished and small to be good sex objects for a big Viking type like me.
                    Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                    Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                    "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                    From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
                      exactly when I intend to retire.
                      That is the real disaster it is pointing to. When the Baby Boomers reach full tide of drawing out the retirement plans and the stock markets all crash.
                      Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                      Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                      "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                      From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Hell, if that's all it is, I can endure that. I have a tent.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Bah. Nostradamus's predictions run through 3797, so 2012 will not be the End of the World.

More likely the Mayan's "End of Days" prediction means that humanity will be moving to a higher, more enlightened stage of existence.

Comment

Any other direction than higher and we all turn into the next step down, burned burgers on a cold BBQ.
                            Long time member @ Apolyton
                            Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Obama will have just been reelected, so by then, we should all be riding unicorns through lollipop forests.

Comment

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                                X