Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I will vote for MCain because he is white.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I will vote for MCain because he is white.

I am white.
    Is this racist?
    I am black and I want to vote for Obama because he is black.
    Is this also racist or a double standard?

Yes, it is also racist.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesayen
      Yes, it is also racist.

TY

Yes I thought so also.

I was told that if I choose to not vote for Obama then I would be a raciest.

Comment

Racist has a number of definitions for that matter.

If your definition is merely the hatred of other races, or the belief in actual inferiority of other races, then perhaps merely having and acting upon a natural affinity and trust toward those racially like oneself wouldn't necessarily be racist.

If your definition is judging another by race rather than the content of his/her character, however, then voting on that judgment would be racist.

Personally I lean toward the latter definition, so you're a racist *******.
        Unbelievable!

Comment

Originally posted by Darius871
          Racist has a number of definitions for that matter.

If your definition is merely the hatred of other races, or the belief in actual inferiority of other races, then perhaps merely having and acting upon a natural affinity and trust toward those racially like oneself wouldn't necessarily be racist.

If your definition is judging another by race rather than the content of his/her character, however, then voting on that judgment would be racist.

Personally I lean toward the latter definition, so you're a racist *******.
          Thats not fair. u don't even know me.Your a racist!

Comment

They don't even let me vote in the US. Racism!
            Blah

Comment

Both racist. Hate on both sides is very tough to deal with when its in your face. If white cops are beating a black guy or a black gang is mugging a white guy its all wrong. So too voting for your race and against the other race, no matter what color you are.

I understand being racist, I was in the army not too long after Vietnam. Never took any part in racial fighting or suffered anything more than a few words on the part of black gangs. Still, those words burn and its hard not to think 'those black bastards' because that's what they were. The thing is the next black guy you run into you can't apply the anger from the mistreatment you recieved. You take that guy as a good man and hope he is. So I had people who are black who I considered black racist bastards and I had friends who were black who pretty much thought the same way about some whites. Then there were the guys that would treat you one way when with friends and another when not, that sucked even worse, like a betrayal.

I'm glad I don't have to deal with that whole mess anymore, it was boring when it wasn't dangerous. In Oregon its easy just to forget about it. In the Phils I get treated well and treat others well. No racial problems.
              Long time member @ Apolyton
              Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Re: I will vote for MCain because he is white.

Originally posted by Docfeelgood
                I am white.
                Is this racist?
                I am black and I want to vote for Obama because he is black.
                Is this also racist or a double standard?

Irish showed up in droves to vote for Kennedy. Crazy lunatic fringe Protestants showed up in droves to vote for Bush. Many blacks (who always vote for Democrats anyway because 40 years of Republican racism has turned them off the Republican party) will vote for Obama because he's black.

They all do it so I don't see why you're singling blacks out. Sure, it would be better if we just voted based on issues and our own self interests but I'd say only about 50% of the country has progressed that far while the other 50% are still stuck in identity politics.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Considering US history when it comes to race & power... I have a hard time condemning black Americans for voting for Obama because he's black (or half-black or whatever you consider him to be). That said, yeah, it is racist if a vote is cast purely based on his racial identity. Thing is, I don't think that accounts for many votes. It's the combination of his race and his politics.

For instance, if a right-wing black guy were in the race, I don't think you would see 95% of black americans voting for him.

-Arrian
                  grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

If a bloke with identical views to Adolf Hitler was up agianst Obama, who would you vote for?
                    Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                    Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Godwinized in only 9 posts. Congratuations!
                      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

thanks, however in this case justified I think.
                        Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                        Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Originally posted by TheStinger
                          If a bloke with identical views to Adolf Hitler was up agianst Obama, who would you vote for?
                          A third party candidate.
                          *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Like Cynthia McKinney, who is black.
                            Or Bob Barr, who is white.

But don't worry about Obama, he's not black!
                            B♭3

Comment

I never could understand this obcession with skin color.

Obviously it is eye color that counts, window into the soul
                              "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Working...
                              X