No announcement yet.

‘Gray Rape’: A New Form of Date Rape?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds dumb. Either someone objects or they don't but waking up the next day and feeling bad about it doesn't count. There are a lot of black men in jail because they had concentual sex with white women and then the next day she felt ashamed.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Makes it almost impossible to form consent or decide consent if alcohol has been consumed and that's a ridiculous standard.
      Their are two situations to consider, the first in which both parties are drunken to the point ware consent can not be given. I say if you can't give consent then you can't be considered to have conscious intent either so rape is simply not possible. Its just two irresponsible people hooking up, both parties are the victims of their basic instincts which they choose to unleash by intoxicating themselves.

On the other hand their defiantly are men who with malicious intent get a women intoxicated or find such a person and take advantage of them when they can't resist. Theirs an element of pre-meditation and a goal of retaining greater sobriety then the women so as to be in a position of power. Thats the classic definition a date rape and fits the spirit of the crime which is the use of power to exploit others whether the power comes be from a knife or a martini is irrelevant.
      Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
        Sounds dumb. Either someone objects or they don't but waking up the next day and feeling bad about it doesn't count. There are a lot of black men in jail because they had concentual sex with white women and then the next day she felt ashamed.

How u know?
        u a white women or a black man?

Comment

I don't think that drunk people can give consent.

Either the consent was given before hand, or it is rape.

JM
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Docfeelgood

How u know?
            u a white women or a black man?
            Education. Get it.

"OMG YOU WEREN'T AROUND FOR THE CIVIL WAR SO YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT HAPPENED!"
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Education. Get it.

I don't get it.
              U a white women or a black man?

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
                If neither party can remember what happened, then who the **** cares?

Sheesh - that has to be one of the stoopidiest things I have read for a while.
                I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Education. Get it.

R u trying to tell me that the USA civil war was fought over slavery?

Comment

The Social Democrat feminazis of the former government have implemented a law like that in Sweden.

A woman can legally say that too much alcohol made her incapable of saying no, but that is not a valid excuse for a man. So if two pissed drunk persons end up in the same bed, and both regret it the day after, the man is called a rapist and the woman a victim, by law.

Also, technically speaking, by the same law your wife or girlfriend could claim rape if you try to do something while she's asleep, even if I know of no case when a woman made such claims.
                    So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                    Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

wtf @ some of the things in this thread.
                      So by that definition since i'm tee-total if i go out with my gf, she gets drunk and we sleep together later that's rape because we didn't sign a form before she got drunk saying that was the intention ?

And that swedish law, what if the woman initiates ? after a certain level of drinking there's as much testosterone fueling a woman into wanting sex more then a man.

Stuff like this is so fake imo it hides the real cases.
                      Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

Wow, apparantly I was raped this weekend. I just figured I have drank too much and deserved what I got.

Lawsuit
                        "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazerus
                          So by that definition since i'm tee-total if i go out with my gf, she gets drunk and we sleep together later that's rape because we didn't sign a form before she got drunk saying that was the intention ?
                          With your gf or wife then assuming you've been having a normal sexual relationship up until that point then you would have implied consent.

Depending on where you live I reckon that if you want to be totally safe legally then ensure the girl's not drunk the first time you sleep with her.

Personally I think that having a drunken, regretable one-night stand is just something that happens on the way to adulthood.

Comment

I didn't plan to just have it happen. And it didn't, although I do admit that I got lucky a time or two.

JM
                            Jon Miller-
                            I AM.CANADIAN
                            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
                              I don't think that drunk people can give consent.

Either the consent was given before hand, or it is rape.

JM
                              So if both were drunk, and neither can remember giving consent before hand... who raped who? Or did they rape each other?
                              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Alcohol
                                Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Working...
                                X