Why would you discuss politics here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Theben
    And since it are well documentaled that U R A terror-loving commie the cognitive disconnect must be a great help in your profession giving you a continuous aneurism.
    That's my FBI cover... I haven't had it revealed unlike b etor!

b etor
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Is she grounded? She probably should be.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Your political compass
        Economic Left/Right: -4.00
        Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.15
        And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
          Your political compass
          Economic Left/Right: -3.00
          Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.69
          Haw haw, Slowwy is a commie!
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I scored 0 on the left/right. I'm un-American

Comment

Economic Left/Right: -5.62
              Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.23

Comment

Fact: the more academic one is, the less connected they are to the real world.
                Fact: The less connected one is to the real world, the farther left they are on the economic scale.

Why should academics care if unemployment rises and the economy falls on its ass in a left-wing economy? They've got cushy government funding.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Re: Why would you discuss politics here?

Originally posted by johncmcleod
                  why do you spend time and energy discussing politics here?
                  Why does my dog eat rocks?
                  The undeserving maintain power by promoting hysteria.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                    Fact: The less connected one is to the real world, the farther left they are on the economic scale.
                    How do you explain Sloww?
                    "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                    "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                    "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Texas.
                      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Economic Left/Right: -5.38
                        Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.95

I've shifted a fair bit to the right and to the libertarian side. IIRC the first time I took this I had something like 8/5.5...
                        I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

So Snoop's professors at UoC are all radical lefties?
                          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Yes, even if they pretend they aren't. It's a ruse.

Comment

Why should academics care if unemployment rises and the economy falls on its ass in a left-wing economy? They've got cushy government funding.
                              Please tell me how academia isn't real.

Last time I checked, it involved buildings, employees, workloads, etc.
                              In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Originally posted by Oncle Boris

Please tell me how academia isn't real.

Last time I checked, it involved buildings, employees, workloads, etc.
                                You are not exposed to the real world economy and you live in a bubble. It's obvious trying to debate you. You don't know much of anything in the subjects you discuss, but that doesn't stop you from trying.

You and Agathon are both terrific examples. By chance, you both study a field I'm very critical of in academia...

Comment

Working...
                                X