No announcement yet.

Why do you drink light beer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the difference in calories that great? What I gather from the site Space quoted earlier is that the difference is limited. It's better to drink one or two beers less instead of drinking light beer then I would think. You get to drink beer that's watered down, and you have to piss a lot more for less inebriety
    "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
    "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

I want to contribute to this thread, but I've only had a few light beers in my life, and always under duress.

They sucked.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I only drink it when someone offers it to me and it's the only beer around. Like the OP, I can't think of any good reason to drink it.

Comment

Because it doesn't taste like real beer (horrible), you can drink a lot of it and look macho, and it's cheap.
          APOSTOLNIK BEANIE BERET BICORNE BIRETTA BOATER BONNET BOWLER CAP CAPOTAIN CHADOR COIF CORONET CROWN DO-RAG FEDORA FEZ GALERO HAIRNET HAT HEADSCARF HELMET HENNIN HIJAB HOOD KABUTO KERCHIEF KOLPIK KUFI MITRE MORTARBOARD PERUKE PICKELHAUBE SKULLCAP SOMBRERO SHTREIMEL STAHLHELM STETSON TIARA TOQUE TOUPEE TRICORN TRILBY TURBAN VISOR WIG YARMULKE ZUCCHETTO

Comment

I only drink light beer if it is being provided free or extremely cheaply. Even then, i take pause.
            Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

What is this "cheap" thing? Doesn't light beer generally cost exactly the same as other versions of the same brand?
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit
                I want to contribute to this thread, but I've only had a few light beers in my life, and always under duress.

They sucked.
                JM
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN
                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

BTW, at least for wine and liquor, generally if it is cheap it doesn't taste very good and it gives you a bad hangover.

JM
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN
                  GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Traianvs
                    Is the difference in calories that great? What I gather from the site Space quoted earlier is that the difference is limited. It's better to drink one or two beers less instead of drinking light beer then I would think. You get to drink beer that's watered down, and you have to piss a lot more for less inebriety
                    If you're drinking to get drunk, it's not gonna matter much. If you have one or two beers after you get home, that's where it makes the difference.
                    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

For some reason I find people who drink light beer slightly creepy. Like ordering whiskey and diet coke, it strikes me as just.....wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
                        Sam Light is nothing like, say, Coors Light in the same way that Sam's other offerings are nothing like Coors' other offerings. One is made by people who know how to make beer. The other is made by people who know how to sell people piss in a can.

-Arrian
                        Sure, wasn't trying to equate Sam Light and Coors light. I just think Sam Light tastes funky -- I'm judging it compared to Sam normal or other micro/craft brews.
                        The undeserving maintain power by promoting hysteria.

Comment

If you're going to be drinking all night, say from 10 to 4 or 5, light beer is an excellent choice.
                          In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Light beer fills me with a unstoppable urge to quickly go somewhere where they serve real beer.

Comment

Originally posted by flipside
                              For some reason I find people who drink light beer slightly creepy. Like ordering whiskey and diet coke, it strikes me as just.....wrong.
                              Mixing whisky with anything is an outrage.
                              And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

Originally posted by Oncle Boris
                                If you're going to be drinking all night, say from 10 to 4 or 5, light beer is an excellent choice.
                                Down at my football café people who want to be drinking all day mix their beer with coke, calling it mazout (heating oil) after its characteristic hue

It's absolute blasphemy for any self-respecting beer-belching student, but the working class seem to like it
                                "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                                "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Working...
                                X