Why do you drink light beer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do you drink light beer?

Why? I don't understand it, dishwater tastes about as good. I'm not a huge fan of beer to begin with, but then you water it down and claim to still enjoy it?

If you're only drinking it to get drunk slower water down some vodka and sip on that instead.

If you really like the taste, as so many of you claim, drink some real beer! You can always stop at one!

And really, truly, if you are worried about your weight stop putting cream and sugar in your coffee and tea.

Light beer isn't so bad that it will kill you. In a dire pinch, I'll drink it.

F.e., I was at a wedding this weekend and the only beers were Bud Light and Miller Light. I drank the Miller Light.
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

It costs fewer dollars, and I don't mind if other people drink half the case. I always find it funny when people bring good beer to a tailgate.
      "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Amstel Light ain't bad. Neither is Sam Adams Light.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by DanS

F.e., I was at a wedding this weekend and the only beers were Bud Light and Miller Light. I drank the Miller Light.

I don't drink light beer, and if I was at that wedding I'd throw a fit that they don't have real beer, damn them all to hell, then storm out of there.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by DanS

Oh don't get me wrong. Most of the times when I'm at a party that's all there is is light beer, because all the fat men want to lose weight I guess. I'll drink it, I just will not intentionally buy it and keep it at home.

As far as I'm concerned the whole diet trend is detracting from the quality of non-diet foods and booze. As more manufacturers try to improve the taste of food that will never in a billion ****ing years be palatable they neglect improving the real stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos
              It costs fewer dollars, and I don't mind if other people drink half the case. I always find it funny when people bring good beer to a tailgate.
              Why am I not surprised that a redneck from SC finds it funny people people drink good beer?
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Space05us

Oh don't get me wrong. Most of the times when I'm at a party that's all there is is light beer, because all the fat men want to lose weight I guess. I'll drink it, I just will not intentionally buy it and keep it at home.

As far as I'm concerned the whole diet trend is detracting from the quality of non-diet foods and booze. As more manufacturers try to improve the taste of food that will never in a billion ****ing years be palatable they neglect improving the real stuff.

You are aware that Light Beer refers to alcohol content?

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

You are aware that Light Beer refers to alcohol content?
                  You are aware I am from the US and not Eurcanada right?

It refers to different things in different places. Here it refers to the caloric content, and while most of the times light beer will have a lower alcohol content (because they water it down) there are quite a few that are within 1.0% abv of the regular.

Comment

I don't get light beer either. As for cheap beer, light beer isn't any cheaper than the non-light varieties, so why drink Bud Light or Miller Lite as opposed to Bud or Miller?
                    If you don't like reality, change it! me
                    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Why am I not surprised that a redneck from SC finds it funny people people drink good beer?
                      Why am I not suprised a gamer from Canada doesn't understand what a tailgate is?
                      "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
                        I don't get light beer either. As for cheap beer, light beer isn't any cheaper than the non-light varieties, so why drink Bud Light or Miller Lite as opposed to Bud or Miller?
                        Why drink Bud or Miller in the first place?
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos

Why am I not suprised a gamer from Canada doesn't understand what a tailgate is?
                          I know very well what a tailgate is, but unless you're a ****ing redneck, you drink good beer at all times.

Comment

Originally posted by Space05us

You are aware I am from the US and not Eurcanada right?

It refers to different things in different places. Here it refers to the caloric content, and while most of the times light beer will have a lower alcohol content (because they water it down) there are quite a few that are within 1.0% abv of the regular.

http://www.alcoholcontents.com/beer/beer.htm
                            Your country sucks. Adopt international standards, for once.

Comment

Light beer refer to alcohol %! Only a redneck from Alberta could think otherwise!
                              bleh

Comment

Working...
                              X