Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How big will Obama's victory be? (2nd Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zkribbler

I've been hearing predictions that we're headed into a resession that'll last about two years. This is long enough that, when Obama runs for re-election, he'll be able to claim he fixed it, and that again, it's morning in America.
    Except this is going to be a major realignment. Other countries are not going to trust the US economy the way they used to.

You are ****ed.
    Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

That is not true. Clinton ran on the issue of pushing through NAFTA. That was part of the "New Democrat" agenda that Clinton was running on. And he tackled it during his first year in office.
      Yeah, I looked it up and you're right. I'm too young for this ****.
      Last edited by Darius871; October 7, 2008, 08:00.
      Unbelievable!

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler

I've been hearing predictions that we're headed into a resession that'll last about two years. This is long enough that, when Obama runs for re-election, he'll be able to claim he fixed it, and that again, it's morning in America.
        You know that economists can't make predictions longer than 6 months worth a crap don't you? There comes a time to stop listening to the experts.
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer
          I still think McCain is going to win.
          I don't think you really believe that. You're understandably protecting yourself from the all-too-well-known feeling of heartbreak after being optimistic in the past. But cautious optimism is a good thing. Don't be a pessimist.
          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

There's still a month to go, Boris, and I have a feeling we haven't seen the last of the Bradley Effect.

EDIT: Not to mention my tinfoil hat fear of the electronic voting machines.
            Last edited by Guynemer; October 7, 2008, 07:52.
            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

And the feds have delayed sentencing on Rezko. Even though it probably means he's rolling on our Gov, Obama could get caught up in it.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Obama has already shown himself capable of blowing a lead.
                I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious
                  Obama has already shown himself capable of blowing a lead.
                  When? With the exception of NH, Obama either matched or exceded the polling predictions in every primaries. And NH was because of the "Iowa bounce," which historically has always faded quickly. If you look at where he stood in NH a week before the IA caucuses, he did better than those polls predicted.
                  Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

And the feds have delayed sentencing on Rezko. Even though it probably means he's rolling on our Gov, Obama could get caught up in it.
                    Fitzgerald better nail Blagojevich and Daley fast. I have a feeling President Obama will be replacing him with a far less effective US Attorney...

Comment

Yeah, one of the few good things from the current administration. Daley and other state politicians have requested his removal a few time already. He's one of the best in the history of Illinois.
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                        Yeah, one of the few good things from the current administration. Daley and other state politicians have requested his removal a few time already. He's one of the best in the history of Illinois.
                        Is that good or bad for the man McCain is labelling a "Chicago politician?" McCain is throwing everything but the kitchen sink at Obama and that's next. Smells very desparate.
                        No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                        "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Working...
                        X