Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If I were a conservative politico I wouldn't go on liberal news.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I were a conservative politico I wouldn't go on liberal news.

Watched CNN and MSNBC last night just to see what's up. The coverage was so biased in every little detail it got me thinking. No matter how well you do as a conservative they are going to spin you into garbage and just downright trash talk about you. I mean its BAD. Better just to go on FOX where they give everyone a fair shake, even the left. I guess that's why FOX has so many more viewers than the others. Sure, they have a bias, but they're not full of poison for their opponents like CNN and MSNBC. During the RNC convention I could just tell that Wolf Blitzer was steaming when someone said something positive about the Repugs. That person would be cut off or they would go to commercial...every...damn...time. It gets to be wearying.
    Yes, can't watch them.
    0%
    Yes, can't watch them for long.
    0%
    It's bad but I watch.
    0%
    It's bad but FOX is just as bad or worse.
    0%
    It's not biased.
    0%
    Only FOX is biased.
    0%
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Funny, I wouldn't ever go on Fox News because of their bias.

I long for the days of Cronkite and Severeid, when newsmen were newsmen. The only evidence of bais I ever saw was when Cronkite teared up announcing that JFK had died.

Comment

Reality has a well-known liberal bias. Duh.
      "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
        Funny, I wouldn't ever go on Fox News because of their bias.

I long for the days of Cronkite and Severeid, when newsmen were newsmen. The only evidence of bais I ever saw was when Cronkite teared up announcing that JFK had died.

Comment

If CNN has a bias, it pales compared to the extremely obvious bias of Fox News. MSNBC is slowly trying to match Fox in its bias level, but it hasn't yet reached that point.
          If you don't like reality, change it! me
          "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
          "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
          "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

It's interesting how people can look at the same thing and see it so very differently. Like they are looking at it from two different places.

Comment

Re: If I were a conservative politico I wouldn't go on liberal news.

Originally posted by Lancer
              Watched CNN and MSNBC last night just to see what's up. The coverage was so biased in every little detail it got me thinking. No matter how well you do as a conservative they are going to spin you into garbage and just downright trash talk about you. I mean its BAD. Better just to go on FOX where they give everyone a fair shake, even the left. I guess that's why FOX has so many more viewers than the others. Sure, they have a bias, but they're not full of poison for their opponents like CNN and MSNBC. During the RNC convention I could just tell that Wolf Blitzer was steaming when someone said something positive about the Repugs. That person would be cut off or they would go to commercial...every...damn...time. It gets to be wearying.
              You're kidding right?

Foxnews is the worst offender in every way for bias. Their reports on sex and violence in video games are unforgettably bad. They hire talking heads to condemn games they've never played or even seen. Christian values and all that. It was awful.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Don't know about CNN, but some programs on MSNBC are biased like Keith Olberman or the Rachel Maddow show. It think it helps balances things out with FOX news. Olberman's constant harping on Bill O'Reilly gets tiresome even though I dislike him as well.

Still, there are so many commercials, distractions like tickers and trivial news stories that I find it's much better just to read news articles online or otherwise.

Also, Nancy Grace is the worst news personality ever. Every time I manage to get a glimpse of her program there is always some missing white girl story.

Comment

Originally posted by Riesstiu IV
                  Don't know about CNN, but some programs on MSNBC are biased like Keith Olberman or the Rachel Maddow show. It think it helps balances things out with FOX news.
                  Those are op-ed shows, not news.

Fox is biased wit hnews. The op-ed shows are also, but that's expected.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Re: Re: If I were a conservative politico I wouldn't go on liberal news.

Originally posted by Asher

You're kidding right?

Foxnews is the worst offender in every way for bias. Their reports on sex and violence in video games are unforgettably bad. They hire talking heads to condemn games they've never played or even seen. Christian values and all that. It was awful.
                    They should not get a forum to express their views?

Comment

Originally posted by Riesstiu IV
                      Don't know about CNN, but some programs on MSNBC are biased like Keith Olberman or the Rachel Maddow show. It think it helps balances things out with FOX news. Olberman's constant harping on Bill O'Reilly gets tiresome even though I dislike him as well.

Still, there are so many commercials, distractions like tickers and trivial news stories that I find it's much better just to read news articles online or otherwise.

Also, Nancy Grace is the worst news personality ever. Every time I manage to get a glimpse of her program there is always some missing white girl story.
                      Thanks Riesstiu, I'll check out those shows.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: If I were a conservative politico I wouldn't go on liberal news.

They should not get a forum to express their views?
                        Their views on what?

You shouldn't hire me as an expert on Jewish history and put me on national TV to condemn it, would you?

Fox news does **** like that. They hire "experts" in fields they know nothing about, mostly with a blatant agenda, then let them spew uninformed **** onto the airwaves.

It's a lack of journalistic integrity.

Comment

Here you go Lancer:

Comment

Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. Let the viewer decide.

Comment

Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. Let the viewer decide.
                              I'm not saying it should be banned. Just that it is utter trash. People who watch it are literally watching propaganda.

Comment

Working...
                              X