No announcement yet.

Halloween 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bah. The cops are some of my biggest fans, and all come over on Halloween just to take a look. (thanks to these guys calling to complain the second year)

Well, they just finished marking my gas line. Time to go hoist Fred up. He wasn't going to go up till Thursday, but I think they'll appreciate getting to look at him all week. Especially when he's lit all nice and bright-like with that new par56 spot I have.

(and I'm rigging a security cam too, just in case)
    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Originally posted by LotC
      You should get your kids to egg their house.
      I've been thinking...an egg and a roll of tp to the 600+ trick or treaters coming over on Friday is a lot cheaper than you'ld expect...
      One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
      You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

New slideshow up of the yard. I don't know if I'll be able to come post individual pics till Nov, but the slideshow will get updated Friday morning with the test lighting pics. Barring some major problems

Talia thinks the hut is her personal playhouse.

The neighbor's present view out their bedroom window...

Fun with ribs...

Kyle's mock-Veve.

Speaking of...his haircut for costume#1.

You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Slideshow updated.

My brother gives a live rendition of our music.

Kyle's school costume

Alec is IRON MAN. The boss refused to allow me to MAKE this costume, so we bought an el cheapo.

Enter.

Fred.

Froggy's swamp juice kicks butt. It also makes focusing rather dodgy.

Foggy fire-lit graves.

Happy Halloween from the dOx's.

You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Your son is going to school dressed as a school shooter ?
            "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
            ^ The Poly equivalent of:
            "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Mattias Nilsson, actually. Mercenaries video game is rather big in the household.
              You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Nice work on the yard, as usual
                *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Slideshow updated. Will post individual pics later.

Video 1: several groups going through, including the frat boy neighbors and some kids too scared and needing to see I was just in a mask.

Video 2: More 'clean' run through.

You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

I really like the totem pole dealies this year UnO, not sure what you call them
                    *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

I call one of them a pile of mush at the moment. Stupid rain.

But yeah, Froggy's Swamp Juice really brought them to life this year.

Originally built to be a 1 year thing, for less than $20 a piece, they have become essential...and will likely be reconstructed of fiberglass if and when they prove to be unsalvageable.
                      You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler

I think you are overstating matters. The U.S. will only be successful in exporting holidays which have been highly commericialed and thus can turn a tidy profit for your merchants.
                        I recently read a newspaper article on the history and origin of Halloween and it was pretty interesting. Supposedly it began with Celtic peoples who believed that on October 31st the spirits of the dead would walk the Earth plus the Irish and Scots used to carve turnips and beet roots into the likeness of there departed family members; after pumpkins arrived from America people switched to the larger and easier to carve pumpkins. The jack o'lantern has it's origin in Ireland with the legend of the will o'wisp though exactly how the will o'wisp ties in to jack o'lanterns I'm not sure.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                        X