Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Asher

How the hell do you figure?

Palin is small town hick that sounds like she gets her way and takes advantage of things. Can anyone say travel expenses when you sleep in your own bed.

Biden is credit card slime. You can see it oozing off of him. (and after listening to him more now, I think he's the biggest clown of the group, which is really saying something after listneing to Palin. )

Obama is a product of chicago politics with an about average number of friends sitting in jail for corruption and influence peddling.

While I'm not claiming that McCain is clean, he has spend most of his career fighting lobyists and been the maverick so I'm assuming (and yes I said it was just my opinion) that McCain is probably the cleanest of the bunch.

How would you rate them?
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Patroklos
      Considering your lack or performance against me in the last series of threads I bothered acknowledging you in, that isn't a very great self image you have there
      You do nothing but constantly hack. Why would someone measure performance against you?
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Patroklos
        Considering your lack or performance against me in the last series of threads I bothered acknowledging you in, that isn't a very great self image you have there

Love yourself first Asher
        The problem with you, Kid, and also Agathon is you are completely incapable of understanding when you are wrong. The other problem is you are seldom right. It's funny at times, but times like this it's just sad.

You're still under the impression that you have "won" various arguments with me where the claims you were making were patently absurd and even your fellow neo-con posters didn't want to touch. Come back to reality, it's a good thing...
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by rah

Palin is small town hick that sounds like she gets her way and takes advantage of things. Can anyone say travel expenses when you sleep in your own bed.

Biden is credit card slime. You can see it oozing off of him. (and after listening to him more now, I think he's the biggest clown of the group, which is really saying something after listneing to Palin. )

Obama is a product of chicago politics with an about average number of friends sitting in jail for corruption and influence peddling.

While I'm not claiming that McCain is clean, he has spend most of his career fighting lobyists and been the maverick so I'm assuming (and yes I said it was just my opinion) that McCain is probably the cleanest of the bunch.

How would you rate them?
          I think they're all politicians, and therefore they're all mildly stupid, complete egomaniacs, and corrupt to the core.

McCain is a career republican. Give me a ****ing break if you think he isn't more corrupt than a relatively new democrat.

The fact that he's flying out of his ****ing ass in publicly facing campaign ads where they are quickly and frequently refuted doesn't seem to phase him. If that's what he does publicly, it should scare the **** out of you to discover what his private ethics are -- he's already been censured at least once.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Asher,

I don't bite on cheap trolls like that. Please try to put more effort into it. That was just insulting.
            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Why the hell would I put effort into it? I'm not trying to troll you. I'm just telling you how it is. If you're not offended by it, consider setting higher standards for yourself.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrFun

So working-class Americans are dumb enough to believe that a multi-millionaire oil tycoon like George W. Bush is your average everday joe just like themselves?
                Honestly I think they just voted for him because they were scared after 9/11 and Iraq and Kerry seemed too weak.

As for Bush v. Gore, I think it's not really fair to say a majority of the American people even voted for Bush.

Originally posted by Asher
                Patroklos vs Kid is like a retarded person showdown. Epic. Make it stop.
                You misspelled the last three words. The correct spelling is "Keep it going".
                "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

I think they're all politicians, and therefore they're all mildly stupid, complete egomaniacs, and corrupt to the core.

McCain is a career republican. Give me a ****ing break if you think he isn't more corrupt than a relatively new democrat.

The fact that he's flying out of his ****ing ass in publicly facing campaign ads where they are quickly and frequently refuted doesn't seem to phase him. If that's what he does publicly, it should scare the **** out of you to discover what his private ethics are -- he's already been censured at least once.
                  Yeah he's a career politician but he has made a name for pushing campaign and ethics reform. And he hasn't just talked about it, he actually did something about it which is more than I can say about any of the rest. Which is probably why I think that way. But yeah, just an opinion since unless there's massive indictment, we just don't know.

On the censure statement you have to be a bit more specific since politicians are censured all the time by different groups where not everyone would consider it a bad thing as like the one below

WHEREAS, Senator John McCain is presently co-sponsoring, together with his Democrat soul-mate, Senator Teddy Kennedy, a Bill to Reform the Immigration Policy of the United States promoting amnesty for illegal aliens and for their U.S. employers, thus ignoring the opinions of his constituents expressed in numerous polls and personal pleas; and

WHEREAS, Senator McCain deserted the ranks of the Republican Party and the Leadership of the U.S. Senate on the issue of limiting the filibuster of judicial nominations, some of which have been on-hold for several years, thus stalling the President’s agenda for judicial reform; and

WHEREAS, Senator McCain led the Democrat Party in “reforming” campaign finance, providing for a clear usurpation of 1st Amendment free speech rights during the last 60 days of an election campaign, and leading to an orgy of spending in the 2004 elections;

THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED, that the Arizona Republican Assembly (ARA) officially and publicly censures Senator John McCain for dereliction of his duties and responsibilities as a representative of the citizens of Arizona;
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by rah

Yeah he's a career politician but he has made a name for pushing campaign and ethics reform.
                    The only reform I've seen is a campaign filled with more lies than before. Open your eyes.

Comment

The only reform I've seen is a campaign filled with more lies than before. Open your eyes.

Yet presidential historians and political scientists interviewed by Politico scoffed at the notion, suggesting McCain’s approach is no harsher than those used in previous modern campaigns and certainly not by comparison to many historic campaigns.

Are we also forgetting McCain-Feingold, for which he took a lot of flack, even in his own party.
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Imran, I'm not sure saying "he's no different than previous campaigns" helps your case that he's a reformer.

Comment

• You said "more lies". I'm just showing that that's a lie .

The reform is in his bills, not how he's running the campaign.
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Which bills?

He voted for 90% of Republican bills, yes?

Reform what?

It's all marketing ****. Neither him nor Palin are reformers.

Comment

• Which is less than the amount that Obama voted for Democratic bills over that same period.

And I'm talking about the bills he pushed, McCain-Feingold being the key one. McCain-Kennedy, unfortunately failed, but it was widely derided by the right.

It's his independent minded behavior on the Senate floor, which had Time Magazine name him as one of the Ten Best Senators:

(the others are Thad Cochran, Kent Conrad, Dick Durban, Ted Kennedy, John Kyl, Carl Levin, Richard Lugar, Olympia Snowe, and Arlen Specter)

Comment

Working...
                              X