Barack Obama's latest speech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barack Obama's latest speech

"Once a man has changed the relationship between himself and his environment, he cannot return to the blissful ignorance he left. Motion, of necessity, involves a change in perspective."
    Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

This observation won't go over well.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

This is why Obama will lose in the long run.
      It makes him sound like an elistist who looks down his nose at the common man.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

So we'll vote for a "joe punchclock" with 7 mansions who doesn't understand economics and his MILF VP who wonders what the job of the VP is.

The more I hear about this election the more I'm convinced that Agathon was right.
        I'm consitently stupid- Japher
        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Yes, we'll vote for the more everyday joe.
          How do you think Bush kept winning?
          I'm not saying it's right, but just noticing the trend.

Besides with all the talk of Palin, it's being overlooked of how anybody could think Biden was anything more than your typical corrupt, out of touch, policitian who will keep talking even after both feet are firmly implanted in his mouth.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Can you point out to me which one of the 4 people running for Prez/VP aren't corrupt?

It just seems bizarre to me that anyone would vote for someone based on looks or image.

Of course the dems main problem is that the "liberal" media is still talking about Palin. They have to get the media talking about Obama again.
            I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Or about McCain. Elections aren't lost because of VP choices.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                This observation won't go over well.
                Why?
                Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Not normally, but perhaps this time. Even in prez elections "all advertizing is good". And McCain by himself wasn't mobilizing the far right base.

Comment

Yeah, Palin was the cookie for the right.

Actually out of all of them, McCain is probably the least corrupt. Anyone that thinks Obama isn't tainted is dreaming.
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Keating 5 doesn't constitute taint?
                      "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                      -Bokonon

Comment

No, just as the investigation itself said.
                        "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Uh, no, it was not a total absolution. The Senate Ethics Cmte said that McCain exercised "poor judgment."

And if investigations are the standard, Obama isn't tainted at all.
                          "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                          -Bokonon

Comment

"Poor judgement" has nothing to do with absolution, which was complete.

The fact that not a single Democratic muck raker of note has really even touched this should surfice to prove what a non issue this is.
                            "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

The Senate cleans up after its own. Let's be honest here: the assertion that McCain is less corrupt than Obama is totally without basis (note that I'm not asserting the opposite). And if your standard is legal censure, then McCain is more corrupt.
                              -Bokonon

Comment

Working...
                              X