Barack Obama's latest speech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nooooo, please don't!
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• But he is the magic negro.

If it makes you guys feel better we can refer to him as the "super-duper magical negro" (phrase originally coined by Spike Lee)

Although he has magical powers, his "magic is ostensibly directed toward helping and enlightening a white male character. It is this feature of the magical negro that some people find most troubling. Although from a certain perspective the character may seem to be showing African-Americans in a positive light, he is still ultimately subordinate to European-Americans. He is also regarded as an exception, allowing white America to "like individual black people but not black culture.""
      Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
      The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
      The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

• This thread is super-duper magic bull****.
        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zkribbler
          Stop it!! I'm sure there's plenty of racists supporting Obama as well as plenty of them opposing him.
          Issue is that there is more white racists than black racists. And the black racists would vote democrat no matter what, what ever the races were.

White racists who would normally vote democrat (those who are social/economical with the democrats, which should be most of america this election) who don't vote democrat because of race are changing things.

Thus, race is an important part of this election, and is against Obama.

JM
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Originally posted by rah
            For those that are still blinded by the purity of "THE ONE"

He is still a Chicago Politician. Anyone that doubts that should read this article in the Chicago Tribune today.
            Granted the writer is biased, but it DOESN"T CHANGE THE FACTS involved.

He refuses to buck the machine in Illinois. Of course I'm not surprised. Not backing Claypool over the most politically connected politician in chicago for county board president. Cook county in now the highest taxed county in the country while Obama stood on the sidelines.

He is not the one we've been waiting for. He's the one that's been there all along with his hand in your pocket.
            On an exiting note, due to be called out on this by McCain, bloggers and new reports Obama has changed his stand and decided to lean on Emil Jones to force the issue on the reform bill. While I'm glad he's finally standing up, i'm not surprised that there had to be a public outcry first. At least he's not denying that he was never informed of the request like some posters here used in his defense.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Elok
              No, that doesn't necessarily follow. He might mean (and I imagine he does) people voting for Obama simply because he is black and they're sick of having whitey in charge. That would be racism, except possibly by Kid's definition of the term which I believe specifies that the perpetrator be white. Racism isn't one-way.

Sick of having whitey in charge is not racist.
              I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
              - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Miller

Issue is that there is more white racists than black racists. And the black racists would vote democrat no matter what, what ever the races were.

White racists who would normally vote democrat (those who are social/economical with the democrats, which should be most of america this election) who don't vote democrat because of race are changing things.

Thus, race is an important part of this election, and is against Obama.

JM
                This post is wrong on so many levels it is not funny.
                "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

• Sick of having whitey in charge is not racist.
                  Kid, never relenting in providing examples of his overt racism
                  "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

• Originally posted by rah
                    Yeah, Palin was the cookie for the right.

Actually out of all of them, McCain is probably the least corrupt.
                    How the hell do you figure?
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Patroklos

Kid, never relenting in providing examples of his overt racism
                      I'm just a lot smarter than you are.

Comment

• Racists often think like that. Of course, you are a communist, any claim of mental prowess on your part is an exercise in futility.
                        "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

• Patroklos vs Kid is like a retarded person showdown. Epic. Make it stop.

Who wins -- a retarded left-winger or a retarded right-winger? Answer: No one.
                          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Patroklos
                            Racists often think like that. Of course, you are a communist, any claim of mental prowess on your part is an exercise in futility.
                            Actually most morons are conservatives - FACT.

Comment

• Considering your lack or performance against me in the last series of threads I bothered acknowledging you in, that isn't a very great self image you have there

Love yourself first Asher

Actually most morons are conservatives - FACT.
                              If that is the case, why are you bucking the trend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious

I'm just a lot smarter than you are.
                                Elitist!
                                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Working...
                                X