No announcement yet.

Barack Obama's latest speech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Emil Jones and Rod Blago are preventing reform legislation from going through. No surprise.

Tell me again how that's the fault of a US senator.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Read the article again. Obama was asked to give a quick call to Jones and lean on him a touch. He refused. I guess Obama didn't think it was about reform. He didn't want to buck the machine. Gee what a surprise since he's a product of it.

He preaches about change/reform but when asked to help move it along, he shows his true colors.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit
        So Emil Jones and Rod Blago are preventing reform legislation from going through. No surprise.

Tell me again how that's the fault of a US senator.
        Obviously it is a ploy that Republicans created to discredit Obama. Clearly there must not be anything to help teh people or Barrack would jump on the phone and tell them what's what. Having the likely President call you up and come down on the side of the people would also clearly be of no value. When will people quit questioning THE ONE and just vote for him!

Change, Damnit people! Change!
        "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

• To be honest, I would love politics as usual of 10-20 years ago, compared to the new politics of the last 8 years.

I know that Obama isn't all that and a bag of chips. He is just far better than the failed Republican current leadership.

JM
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Miller

I know that Obama isn't all that and a bag of chips. He is just far better than the failed Republican current leadership.

JM
            QFT! Won't catch me voting for Bush this time! Oh...wait....
            "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

• Yeah, it's too bad he's not running against that failed Republican current leadership.........oh that's right, that's what the Dem leadership has told you to think.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• That's also what McCain's platform says.
                "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                -Bokonon

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                  And this is what happens when we do things in Pakistan without their permission:
                  This morning, Pakistani soldiers were ordered to fire on U.S. troops if they again entered Pakistan without permission.

Well Georgie, this is another fine mess you've gotten us into.

Comment

• Actually he is running against that failed Republican current leadership... because both R's and D's are pretty much interchangeable within their parties. (And both are failed.)

McCain wasn't always like that (he was willing to speak against his own party platform, at least relative to other D's and R's), but he's become so now. Obama is a Dem through and through. The only "change" represented in this election is if we'll change from R to D, or stay R. (Both options suck.)

Comment

• McCain had to make some compromises to get the nomination.
                      Obama had to make some compromises to get the nomination.

I liked the old McCain better than the old Obama.
                      Hoping they will revert once they've won.
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Zkribbler
                        This morning, Pakistani soldiers were ordered to fire on U.S. troops if they again entered Pakistan without permission.

Well Georgie, this is another fine mess you've gotten us into.
                        Isn't what Georgie doing something Obama said a few months back that he would have considered doing?
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Obama seems almost pure D to me. What compromises (policy) did he make? He's always voted party lines, right?

"Maverick" McCain is gone. (And even then it was only 1 or 2 issues he too much of a difference on.) Gotta think about re-election even if he wins.

Comment

• Hmm offshore drilling.
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by PLATO

QFT! Won't catch me voting for Bush this time! Oh...wait....
                              Most of the republican group that is in power will stay in power. Unless you think that McCain will fire all of the Bush people and put in his own people. 8 years ago this might have been the case, but now there is a lot of overlap.

Jon Miller
                              Jon Miller-
                              I AM.CANADIAN
                              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• For all those who keep trying to defend McCain by saying he's not Bush, stop wasting your breath. First off the disastrous Bush policies are not Bushes, they were simply the policy positions of the Republican party taken to their logical horrific conclusions, Bush has always been a pawn to those ideologies and the cunning members of his party who set the party agenda. McCain's record of support for Bush policies and republican ideology is crystal clear, just try and name one issue ware he's not touting the republican part line, theirs not a one. Simply having a new face on the same policy positions in no way washes away the taint the Republican party has earned.
                                Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

Working...
                                X