No announcement yet.

Widely known faces - part 1 of 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It seems clear each individual is put in either a very famous pose for them (like Lenin) or some sort of iconography is used (like the model T under Ford).

I will say that I found the whole picture online - some of the people guessed do appear in the painting, just not this section of it.
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
      Is that Jackie Chan to our left of Lenin? If so, why the guitar?
      Viktor Tsoi?
      Graffiti in a public toilet
      Do not require skill or wit
      Among the **** we all are poets
      Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

That is OBVIOUSLY General Custer, IMO. The mustache, the hat, the crossed arms and looking away. It's him.

And Truman is not in the picture, as Zkrib mentioned.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

In the center, the infamous Red X. Wasn't he a villain for the Teen Titans?
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
            Louis Pasteur? bottom center, standing.
            Most probably not.

Here is Pasteur:
            Attached Files
            The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame. Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
              It seems clear each individual is put in either a very famous pose for them (like Lenin) or some sort of iconography is used (like the model T under Ford).
              What's the story behind Tyson loosing his nipples
              "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
              "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                Of course, to the left of Ramesses is Genghis Khan...
                ... or Khubilai Khan.
                The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame. Oscar Wilde.

Comment

David Livingstone next to Chaplin
                  be free

Comment

I don't know if the artist has done it on purpose or not, but the depictions are not accurately drawn.

So, whoever said the guy in black is Custer, is right.
                    be free

Comment

Originally posted by FrostyBoy
                      David Livingstone next to Chaplin
                      How do you figure that? I agree on the British African explorer clothing, but I couldn't get the face to match.
                      http://www.hardware-wiki.com - A wiki about computers, with focus on Linux support.

Comment

Whoah! Now I'm not sure how to wrap this up with so many conflicting opinions. Who would've thought a thing like this could ever happen on Apolyton?

I'm more inclined to go ahead and post the next section of the picture and let the fun continue there. What do you think?

Comment

USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
                          The video may avatar is from

Comment

I still say it is Ramesses
                            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                              That is OBVIOUSLY General Custer, IMO. The mustache, the hat, the crossed arms and looking away. It's him.
                              Agreed about the cross armed, but the hat is not the same, and Custer is generaly portreyed with white cavalry gloves.

Anyway, I found this disturbing picture of Maxim Gorky:
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Thue

How do you figure that? I agree on the British African explorer clothing, but I couldn't get the face to match.
                                I can't confirm it, all I can say is that the artist has not drawn from memory, he has drawn from original illustrations/photographs. That's how we are able to confirm that the above guy really is Custer. The artist copied almost every detail, look at the collar, the pins, etc.

As for Dr Livingstone, I can't confirm, I can't find one picture that looks like that, so he may have drawn that one from memory, but then I thought about it a bit more, he looks a lot more like David Attenborough.
                                be free

Comment

Working...
                                X