I fear McCain is going to win

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kidicious
    I'm just saying that it shouldn't be down played because she was intending to show the world what she knows about foreign policy. If if were just a casual conversation that would be different.
    I'm just saying the error can be spun into at worst a "good save" when the question itself was stupid and even misleading. She kept her question broad enough to overlap with what one of the Bush "doctrine's" several manifestations were, so it's a non-issue AFAIC. At the debates it might not be so easy.

Originally posted by Kidicious
    Again, if you were interviewing her for a job what would you think about an answer like that.
    In a job interview I'd be paying more attention to her nylons than some doctrine that doesn't exist.
    Unbelievable!

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius871
      I'm just saying the error can be spun into at worst a "good save" when the question itself was stupid and even misleading. She kept her question broad enough to overlap with what one of the Bush "doctrine's" several manifestations were, so it's a non-issue AFAIC. At the debates it might not be so easy.
      That's what happens in job interviews. You get asked stupid questions like that, and you have to give good answers regardless. But the conservative leaning people don't look at it like a job interview.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• I read an editorial today that summed it up.

McCain is going to win because Obama doesn't know how to mix it up on the dirty side.

The article said that the attack adds by the repugs were actually doing some damage to Obama that all of his websites couldn't offset. So Obama has said multiple times that to combat that he was going to get tough and do similar attacks. SO what do they come up with.

Saying that since McCain doesn't regularly use e-mails he's basically not technically savy enough to run the US. Too old fashoned. I still can't believe they chose this.

Is this their vicious attack? What are they doing.
        Yes, this probably plays well with the younger demographics that, I'm sure were snickering along with him, but you already have their vote. A lot of older people were upset by that assumption. Especially since the reason he doesn't send e-mails often has nothing to do with his lack of computer technical skills but the fact that using a keyboard is awkward and slightly painful due to his injuries. SO he has someone else send them. Many people have given him credit for his techinical skills. Dems included.

If this is his version of an attack, (one that pisses people off and garners sympathy for Mccain) they're just reinforcing that elitest negative trait. The just don't get it.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Especially since the reason he doesn't send e-mails often has nothing to do with his lack of computer technical skills but the fact that using a keyboard is awkward and slightly painful due to his injuries. SO he has someone else send them. Many people have given him credit for his techinical skills. Dems included.
          Hurrah! McCain's got the arthritic vote!

Comment

• As the country ages, the more important the old fogey vote becomes. Assuming they're not too arthritic to physically vote.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• In other news: McCain and Palin have been put on the defensive, attempting to explain what McCain meant when he said the American economy is fundamentally sound.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zkribbler
                In other news: McCain and Palin have been put on the defensive, attempting to explain what McCain meant when he was right when he said the American economy is fundamentally sound.
                Fixed. Unless you are confused as to what "fundamentals" mean.
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Apparently, the workers are the fundamentals. But they aren't doing so well either.
                  I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                  I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

• Originally posted by rah
                    I read an editorial today that summed it up.

McCain is going to win because Obama doesn't know how to mix it up on the dirty side.

The article said that the attack adds by the repugs were actually doing some damage to Obama that all of his websites couldn't offset. So Obama has said multiple times that to combat that he was going to get tough and do similar attacks. SO what do they come up with.

Saying that since McCain doesn't regularly use e-mails he's basically not technically savy enough to run the US. Too old fashoned. I still can't believe they chose this.

Is this their vicious attack? What are they doing.
                    Yes, this probably plays well with the younger demographics that, I'm sure were snickering along with him, but you already have their vote. A lot of older people were upset by that assumption. Especially since the reason he doesn't send e-mails often has nothing to do with his lack of computer technical skills but the fact that using a keyboard is awkward and slightly painful due to his injuries. SO he has someone else send them. Many people have given him credit for his techinical skills. Dems included.

If this is his version of an attack, (one that pisses people off and garners sympathy for Mccain) they're just reinforcing that elitest negative trait. The just don't get it.

The Wall Street meltdown and McCain's "I don't understand the economy/is sound" is the gem the dems are pounding on right now. That plus the Palin interview with Gibson, the polls are starting to swing the other way. Unless Obama fubars or McCain finds a new golden goose, the GOP prez campaign is over.
                    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

• Originally posted by Theben

The Wall Street meltdown and McCain's "I don't understand the economy/is sound" is the gem the dems are pounding on right now. That plus the Palin interview with Gibson, the polls are starting to swing the other way. Unless Obama fubars or McCain finds a new golden goose, the GOP prez campaign is over.
                      Sure hope you're right.
                      And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

• A 12-point swing in Palin's favorablity rating in one week

Palin excitement levels off as Democrats regain lead

(CNN) -- Is America's honeymoon with Sarah Palin over? Polls suggest that might be so.

Sarah Palin and John McCain dropped behind the Democratic ticket in the polls Wednesday.

The Alaska governor came out swinging at the Republican National Convention, energizing her party's base and shifting the momentum to John McCain's favor.

At rallies in the week following the convention, the McCain-Palin duo saw their best attendance and a newfound zeal, and the Republican ticket took the lead in national polls for the first time.

But polls show that the momentum has shifted once again.

Palin's favorable rating is at 40 percent, according to a CBS News/New York Times poll. That's down 4 points from last week. Her unfavorable rating is at 30 percent, rising 8 points in a week.

The poll was conducted September 12-16 and has a sampling error of plus or minus 3 percentage points.

Former Bush adviser Karl Rove predicted Wednesday that Palin's star power would wear off.

"Nothing lasts for 60-some-odd days," Rove told The Associated Press. "Will she be the center of attention in the remaining 48 days? No, but she came on in a very powerful way and has given a sense of urgency to the McCain campaign that's pretty remarkable."

But this week, the Democrats recaptured the headlines, and Obama regained his lead in the national polls.

CNN's latest poll of polls, out Thursday afternoon, shows him ahead of McCain by 3 points, 47 percent to 44 percent.

After a week in which McCain put Obama on the defensive over allegations of playing the gender card, the economic crisis has given Obama an opportunity to go on the offense. Most Americans see Obama as more capable than John McCain when it comes to handling the economy, polls show. Watch how Obama has sharpened his attacks on McCain »

The Illinois senator has been aggressively attacking what he sees as shortcomings in McCain's economic plans. Watch how the economy affects the campaign trail »

Also this week, McCain handed Obama ammunition for what has turned out to be a weeklong attack.

Despite the shake up on Wall Street, McCain said Monday that "the fundamentals of the American economy are strong."

The Obama campaign jumped on those remarks, replaying them in a campaign ad, even after McCain clarified his comments. He said what he meant was that American workers are the fundamental strength of the economy and that the country will rebound with their help.

Obama continued to criticize the remark Wednesday at an event in Elko, Nevada: "His campaign must have realized that probably wasn't a smart thing to say on the day of a financial meltdown, so they sent him back out a few hours later to clean up his remarks."

Obama has filled this week's campaign speeches with a focused view of his economic agenda and sound-bite friendly slams to bruise McCain's image.

"This is somebody who has been in Congress for 26 years, who put seven of the most powerful Washington lobbyists in charge of his campaign. And now he tells us that he is the one who is going to take on the old boys network. The old boys network, in the McCain campaign, that's called a staff meeting," he said Wednesday.

David Gergen, a senior political analyst for CNN and former presidential adviser, said neither candidate has shown expertise on the economic situation, but Obama has gained more from it than McCain.

"The momentum for John McCain and Sarah Palin has stalled out. There is a little momentum on Barack Obama's part. But he hasn't yet fully seized it, and it is still very close," he said, adding that McCain could still recapture it.

But the Democratic ticket has shown a weakness in regards to the government takeover of insurance giant AIG.

A day after saying the federal government should not come to the rescue of AIG, Democratic vice presidential candidate Joe Biden shifted his position Wednesday, saying he needs to get more details on the terms of the $85 billion takeover.

"The truth is, I don't know what the bailout is yet," Biden said Wednesday afternoon in Mansfield, Ohio.

Obama was slow to respond when asked about the AIG deal. A statement issued from his campaign did not clarify whether he supports or opposes it.

McCain said he didn't want the government to have to take over the company, but it was necessary.

"When AIG was bailed out, I didn't like it, but I understood it needed to be done to protect hard-working Americans with insurance policies and annuities. Sen. Obama didn't take a position. On the biggest issue of the day, he didn't know what to think. He may not realize it, but you don't get to vote 'present' as president of the United States," he said Thursday in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.

He also accused Obama of seeing the economic crisis as a "political opportunity."

Obama's campaign responded by accusing McCain of flip-flopping on the issue because he said he opposed the bailout this week.

"Barack Obama does not second-guess the Fed's decision to take unprecedented action to prevent the failure of one of the largest insurance companies in the world from creating an even larger crisis, and he believes it must protect families who count on insurance," said campaign spokesman Bill Burton.

As the McCain campaign tries to regain its footing, it is hitting hard with an ad accusing Obama of wasting taxpayers money.

The ad says Obama's economic policies would severely worsen the country's economic woes.

"When our economy's in crisis, a big government casts a big shadow on us all," the ad's narrator states. "Obama and his liberal congressional allies want a massive government, billions in spending increases, wasteful pork. And we would pay: painful income taxes, skyrocketing taxes on life savings, electricity and home heating oil."

Obama has repeatedly said the notion he will raise taxes on middle-class Americans is untrue.

According to a CNN fact check, Obama's tax plan would increase taxes in 2009 on the wealthiest 20 percent of households while offering tax cuts for the other 80 percent. The largest increases would be on the top 1 percent of earners, according to analysis by the Tax Policy Center, a nonpartisan research group whose staff of experts includes former economic advisers to the White House and Congress under both Republicans and Democrats.

By comparison, the Tax Policy Center analysis says, McCain would offer tax cuts across the board. Those at the top end of the scale would get the biggest percentage cuts under McCain, while households with the lowest incomes would receive the largest percentage cuts under Obama's plan.

Comment

• There's a LONG way to go, boys. Almost seven weeks this crap still left.
                          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• And let us not forget that Obama's VP pick is Senator Joe "Clean & Articulate" Biden
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Yes. But McSame and Paliin have peaked.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                                And let us not forget that Obama's VP pick is Senator Joe "Clean & Articulate" Biden
                                I'm still waiting to see "Joey the Shark" on the attack.
                                And indeed there will be time To wonder, "Do I dare?" and, "Do I dare?". t s eliot

Comment

Working...
                                X