No announcement yet.

I fear McCain is going to win

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think that to be fair the question should also be put to President Bush to see if he knows what the Bush Doctrine is.
    "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• Long time member @ Apolyton
      Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
        I think that to be fair the question should also be put to President Bush to see if he knows what the Bush Doctrine is.
        The Bush Doctrine is the same as Protagoras's.
        Only feebs vote.

Comment

• I object to the use of the term "Bush Doctrine."

It implies that he had a plan, perhaps even a philosophy.
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Zkrib, I think you are right about Biden. CNN is ripping him for belonging to the credit card lobby. They may be trying to build a scandal around him so Obama can seem reasonable to cut him.

Hillary though, I can't imagine her coming on the ticket after being solidly jilted. The feminists would flip if she did, yes?
            Long time member @ Apolyton

Comment

• Does it really matter? Now what do people have to say about the republican ticket? 2 months away.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• The republican ticket is why Obama might want to ditch Biden, under the theory that Hillary could bring back the women.

The repub ticket is the best in a long while.

Glad to see you still have internet Sloww.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lancer
                  The republican ticket is why Obama might want to ditch Biden, under the theory that Hillary could bring back the women.

The repub ticket is the best in a long while.
                  I'm still not sure how people can act as if McCain/Palin is something to be proud of. It's obvious McCain picked Palin for VP simply because she is a woman, and he wanted to grab attention from Obama and pick up female voters. This in itself is a ridiculous decision, made far worse when you consider his age and health issues, and the general threat POTUS faces. I'd hoped McCain and Obama would follow through with their pledges to run decent campaigns, but alas, it was not to be. McCain, who suffered through the insults and dirty tactics of the Bush campaign in 2000, and made such a big deal about how he was a straight talking maverick, is taking heavy hits over his willingness to distort the truth far more than Obama in the name of winning.

McCain saying mayors (of NYC, at that) and governors are not ready to be POTUS.

FactCheck.org criticizing the McCain campaign for distorting their reports.

I'm also upset at how willing the Republican Party has been to fall behind cheap slogans like"Drill Here, Drill Now", a policy that will do nothing to help the US in the short term.

Comment

• Verto, McCain didn't pick Palin. Palin was chosen for him to do all that you said. McCain is not The Decider!

“As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• when you consider his age and health issues, and the general threat POTUS faces
                      VP has no power whatsoever ever at all

If McCain dies, it'll probably be 2 or 3 years into his term, so she'll only have one year, which isn't enough time to do anything. Many people do not even have sex for a whole year because they are too lazy. If she does take control, she can shoot the Al Qaeda like moose, a genuine reformer who will not be defined as a lesbian by anyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lancer
                        Zkrib, I think you are right about Biden. CNN is ripping him for belonging to the credit card lobby. They may be trying to build a scandal around him so Obama can seem reasonable to cut him.

Hillary though, I can't imagine her coming on the ticket after being solidly jilted. The feminists would flip if she did, yes?
                        Dropping Biden would be a crazy desperate move. Things can change quick the more Palin speaks. People don't really know her yet.
                        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Goodnight guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Verto
                            I'm also upset at how willing the Republican Party has been to fall behind cheap slogans like"Drill Here, Drill Now", a policy that will do nothing to help the US in the short term.
                            It will do plenty in the short term. It will make money.

Comment

• I am not sure how much it will help the average american though. I did hear that more of it is going to the federal government than I at first guessed.

JM
                              Jon Miller-
                              I AM.CANADIAN
                              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuciwalker

It will do plenty in the short term. It will make money.
                                I have no problem drilling in the areas already available for leasing. The estimated amount of oil available there is huge. There is, however, no need to lift the moratorium, which is a huge part of the GOP plan.

Comment

Working...
                                X