No announcement yet.

I fear McCain is going to win

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That and we would be a one party system.
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

• Yes the rich have been trying to figure out a way to keep the poor from voting for centuries.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Zkribbler
        I, for one, was happy to see Obama pull out the phrase "putting lipstick on a pig" that both he and McCain have been using in this campaign, and use it to defuse Palin's cute little saying.
        So you ARE saying it was about Palin? Because the Obama campaign is vigerously trying to deny that implication.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• A no party system actually. Since intelligent people don't need a party to tell them who to vote for.

Comment

• Rich? I thought we were talking aware/ignorant.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

So you ARE saying it was about Palin? Because the Obama campaign is vigerously trying to deny that implication.
              On this point, I'm not saying anything about Palin.

Despite the denials -- IMHO, Obama was making fun of the use of the word "lipstick."

Palin tried to make lipstick an issue; he made it into a joke.

Comment

• On this point, I'm not saying anything about Palin.

Playing politics with your answer? The evasiveness isn't good enough yet .

Palin tried to make lipstick an issue

By saying the only difference between a hockey mom and a pitbull is lipstick?

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Palin makes fun of Obama's role as a community organizer, Obama makes a play on words with Palin's lipstick comment. Dems vote for Dems, Reps vote for Reps, and everyone else is screwed. Nothing changes.

Comment

• You are right Aeson, but for one thing. Supreme court justices change.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                      On this point, I'm not saying anything about Palin.

Playing politics with your answer? The evasiveness isn't good enough yet .

Palin tried to make lipstick an issue

By saying the only difference between a hockey mom and a pitbull is lipstick?

I believe that the phrase "putting lipstick on a pig" was NOT meant to call Palin a "pig" like Repugs are claiming but rather to poke fun at Palin's interjecting gender into the election by her reference to "lipstick."

Why else do you think Palin made her "lipstick" joke?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lancer
                        Rich? I thought we were talking aware/ignorant.
                        While having money is no guarantee of having brains, there is a strong correlation between being poor and not educated/ignorant,
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• To emphasize that she'd be an attack dog.

I believe that the phrase "putting lipstick on a pig" was NOT meant to call Palin a "pig" like Repugs are claiming but rather to poke fun at Palin's interjecting gender into the election by her reference to "lipstick."

That parsing is Bill Clinton-esque... but not with his grace or silver tongue.

Comment

• Yeah, Slick Willie would have added that he had kissed that pig.
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• wasn't she saying she would go after corruption (or something) like a pitbull? I don't recall the joke's details.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson
                                Palin makes fun of Obama's role as a community organizer, Obama makes a play on words with Palin's lipstick comment. Dems vote for Dems, Reps vote for Reps, and everyone else is screwed. Nothing changes.
                                Note that McCain made the same lipstick comment last year w.r.t. Hillary.

I'm endlessly amused by the hypocrisy of the Republicans.
                                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Working...
                                X