No announcement yet.

I fear McCain is going to win

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The leftist media has been treating Palin very poorly. Obama's lipstick on a pig comment makes it worse.

The left doesn't know how to treat a lady. So, they will lose the women and the election.
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

She's not a lady; she's a politician.
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Keep it up. Lets make it a sweep.

Comment

Seriously. The fact that she's a woman means dick and/or squat when it concerns her ability to govern. The only thing that should matter is how good a politician she is, and that's the only thing the media should focus on. Anything to do with her having a vagina should matter not one iota of a ****.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by rah
              ... I'm wondering if this is just an initial swing that will change back once some of these airheads actually learn more about her, but it is slightly scary. (all the interviews I saw of women that said they had changed all admitted not knowing a lot about her)

But it does reraise the question. Are there a good number of women that will vote McCain just because he has a female running mate, similar to blacks voting for Obama just because he's black. If it's true, Obama could be in big trouble. Every little bit helps when it could be close.
              The Repugs are getting a good bounce from her. But "bounce" implies that most of this gain will be lost. She makes a good presentation, which is one reason she's so popular now. But like Fred Thompson was, she's a blank slate, and people are filling in the blanks with what they want to see. Once her history and policies start coming out, her popularity will falter.

Are there a good number of women that will vote McCain just because he has a female running mate?
              I think so. This will be most telling in southern Ohio, lots of poor, white women there who are willing to vote for a woman and loathed to vote for a Black. Palin will shove them solidly into the Rupug camp, and they're important in the Ohio election. I had put "Ohio" in the Obama column; now I think it will go to McCain.

If so, the critical battleground state will be Virginia.

Comment

The bounce seems to have settled down. It appears that in the latest polls (last 3 days), either McCain or Obama is up by 1, except for the latest Gallup Tracking, which has McCain up by 5.

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Yeah, I figure it will revert some as more stuff comes to light. (Like the question over her travel expenses) But so far it looks like an inspired choice no matter how much I was thinking WTF when it was announced.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
                    The leftist media has been treating Palin very poorly. Obama's lipstick on a pig comment makes it worse.

The left doesn't know how to treat a lady. So, they will lose the women and the election.
                    This is true.
                    Lori, no matter her profession, when she quits politics as her profession, she'll still be a female human being.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• As bad as the dems treat her, just watch. If they lose it will be because he is black and we are racist. They will forget how far ahead Obama was before they started attacking Palin, the silly sexist (deleted by the mods, this is a family site!).

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand
                        This is true.
                        Lori, no matter her profession, when she quits politics as her profession, she'll still be a female human being.
                        What do I care if she's female? She may be a MILF, but I have no chance of ****ing her. As far as I'm concerned, she's only human. Everything else is irrelevant.

Comment

• I think the "lipstick" comment will be a non issue.

Palin first played the gender card by using her stupid "lipstick" joke. It's a good marketing ploy, but like most marketing ploy, it is hollow of substance. Whether or not she wears lipstick will not put more money in consumer's pockets, will not make higher education more affordable, will not shore up sagging pension plans, will not halt climate change, will not win the War on Terror.

I, for one, was happy to see Obama pull out the phrase "putting lipstick on a pig" that both he and McCain have been using in this campaign, and use it to defuse Palin's cute little saying.

Palin supporters hate it.

I image that those persons who are really important -- those who have yet to make up their minds -- will not make up their minds based upon clever word games. They're going to want to look at issues. They're going to want to look at which candidate will be best for the U.S. and for themselves.

They're not going to buy a pig in a poke.

Comment

• I'm thinking of starting a tread...

'Gentlemanliness for Democrats 101'

You know, a refresher on the basics.

Edit: Erm, this was not in response to Zkrib who needs no such lesson.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zkribbler
                              I image that those persons who are really important -- those who have yet to make up their minds -- will not make up their minds based upon clever word games. They're going to want to look at issues. They're going to want to look at which candidate will be best for the U.S. and for themselves.

Comment

• Once again, perception will trump the issues.
                                GO AMERICA

I guess we couldn't call ourselves a democracy if we didn't let the ignorant vote.
                                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X