I fear McCain is going to win

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Theben

Keeping a balance on the SCOTUS long enough for me to live out my life would be nice... if the Empire must fall it could at least wait another 50-odd years...
    Suck it up and take the hit, Theban.

If it goes blooey now, you can adapt to the new environment and set yourelf up as some sort of warlord/despot/CEO of a local burger empire. Then your kids will inherit their priviledge instead of having to work for it themselves.

Think of your children! Will they want fries with that?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Is that the best you could come up with?
      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

You demand quality? In a race for POTUS?
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious
          I don't care if the Empire falls or even if we nuke Switzerland. I only care that my son isn't forced to leard Intelligent Design.
          hmm

Comment

Re: Re: I fear McCain is going to win

Originally posted by hexagonian

Depends on the perspective...because this is the same argument on the Right. Just change a few words.
            The difference is they are full of **** and I can prove this empirically.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious
              I don't care if the Empire falls or even if we nuke Switzerland. I only care that my son isn't forced to leard Intelligent Design.
              Now you know how I feel about learning Spanish.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither
                You demand quality? In a race for POTUS?
                All I really want is a president that allows me to look any foreigner in the eye and acknowledge "this person is my president," without having said person burst out in fits of laughter.
                I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Why would you give a stuff what they think?
                  I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                    For decades Palin went to a Pentecostal church.

She spoke in tongues.

Oh, your country is so ****ed.
                    She did, until '92 I think it was.

She didn't. Nobody recalls ever seeing her do so anyway.

It's not.
                    Long time member @ Apolyton
                    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Her church likes to “pray away the gay” .

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) — Gov. Sarah Palin’s church is promoting a conference that promises to convert gays into heterosexuals through the power of prayer.

“You’ll be encouraged by the power of God’s love and His desire to transform the lives of those impacted by homosexuality,” according to the insert in the bulletin of the Wasilla Bible Church, where Palin has prayed for about six years.

Palin’s conservative Christian views have energized that part of the GOP electorate, which was lukewarm to John McCain’s candidacy before he named her as his vice presidential choice. She is staunchly anti-abortion, opposing exceptions for rape and incest, and opposes gay marriage and spousal rights for gay couples.

Focus on the Family, a national Christian fundamentalist organization, is conducting the “Love Won Out” Conference in Anchorage, about 30 miles from Wasilla.

Palin, campaigning with McCain in the Midwest on Friday, has not publicly expressed a view on the so-called “pray away the gay” movement. Larry Kroon, senior pastor at Palin’s church, was not available to discuss the matter Friday, said a church worker who declined to give her name.

Gay activists in Alaska said Palin has not worked actively against their interests, but early in her administration she supported a bill to overrule a court decision to block state benefits for gay partners of public employees. At the time, less than one-half of 1 percent of state employees had applied for the benefits, which were ordered by a 2005 ruling by the Alaska Supreme Court.

Palin reversed her position and vetoed the bill after the state attorney general said it was unconstitutional. But her reluctant support didn’t win fans among Alaska’s gay population, said Scott Turner, a gay activist in Anchorage.

“Less than 1 percent of state employees would even apply for benefits, so why make a big deal out of such a small number?” he said.

“I think gay Republicans are going to run away” if Palin supports efforts like the prayers to convert gays, said Wayne Besen, founder of the New York-based Truth Wins Out, a gay rights advocacy group. Besen called on Palin to publicly express her views now that she’s a vice presidential nominee.

“People are looking at Sarah Palin as someone who might feasibly be in the White House,” he said.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer

She did, until '92 I think it was.

She didn't. Nobody recalls ever seeing her do so anyway.

It's not.
                        That's because you don't usually look around to see everyone else doing it while you are doing it. If she attended a church where they do that, she did it.
                        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand

Now you know how I feel about learning Spanish.
                          Why did you even learn english? Texish should be all you need.
                          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Re: Re: Re: I fear McCain is going to win

Originally posted by Vesayen
                            The difference is they are full of **** and I can prove this empirically.
                            Rule #1 - Politics is about power and control on both sides.

If a person's perspective is set to one side or the other, then the opposite side is always full of **** and the arguments that you present are always empirical.
                            Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
                            ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

Has anyone bothered to point out that Karl Rove isn't running McCain's campaign?
                              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

On the news last night they were babbling that since the RNC, if you look at white women, there has been an almost a 20 point swing from Obama to McCain. It was ABC and I didn't see the methodology used but it was interesting. The Dems are saying that Palin is no substitute for Hillary (and they're quite correct there) but a lot of women are switching. I'm wondering if this is just an initial swing that will change back once some of these airheads actually learn more about her, but it is slightly scary. (all the interviews I saw of women that said they had changed all admitted not knowing a lot about her)

But it does reraise the question. Are there a good number of women that will vote McCain just because he has a female running mate, similar to blacks voting for Obama just because he's black. If it's true, Obama could be in big trouble. Every little bit helps when it could be close.
                                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X