No announcement yet.

Metallica - Death Magnetic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Concert was... so-so. Either the venue or the sound system was terrible. All vocals echoed horribly and the guitars were drowned out by the drums & bass. Metallica was still pretty good despite it all, but overall not nearly as good as the last two times I've seen them. Opening bands Sword and Machinehead weren't very good. Plus they left out a lot of their best songs. Obviously they can only fit in so much, but things like Sanitarium, Unforgiven, and Fade to Black are must plays imho.

Also I saw Lorizael in the metro on the way there. I'm not sure he recognized me though.
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

I have to agree - not Metallica's best concert. But I've seen them at Verizon before, so I'm inclined to think it was the sound system and not the venue. I thought The Sword wasn't half bad, but I couldn't understand anything the lead singer said.

But it was what I expect out of a Metallica concert - a rush of energy and sound and emotion. Mm screaming at the top of your lungs. My voice is kind of hoarse.

And yeah, dude, I totally recognized you.
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

not the biggest fan of Phil Ansemo. The best part of Pantera died.

Well anyways it's a so-so album. Far less than what I expect from Metallica. they should just hang it up I thinks.

If they come here, I may see them. But I may be getting too old for that now. I was exhausted after their last concert lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis View Post
          not the biggest fan of Phil Ansemo. The best part of Pantera died.
          Down is way different from Pantera. Phil has a great voice, and is a talented musician and lyricist. Yeah, he's an ******* at times, but you're really missing out if you don't check out Down.
          Well anyways it's a so-so album. Far less than what I expect from Metallica. they should just hang it up I thinks.
          What was it in particular about their last few albums that built up this massive expectation of yours?
          ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
          ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

ok after a few more listens, the album is growing on me. I'm starting to like it. But perhaps I'm just too happy with my life now for depressing lyrics lol. The music is kind of depressing. They say media doesn't influence people, but I beg to differ. The album definately brings me down.

They need to sing about sunshine or rainbows or something.

Comment

Keep us posted, Dis. Your listening habits are of utmost importance to us here at Apolyton.
              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I figured they were. I'm listening to Celtic Frost right now. I thought you should know that. classic pandemonium stuff.

Long live the 80's!

P.S. and it's Metallica's fault I'm listening to classical so much now anyways. If they hadn't done that S&M I wouldn't be listening to it. . JK. Civ3 and Civ4 had just as much influence. And countless movie and computer game soundtracks.

Comment

I'm listening to The Mars Volta right now. Pandora told me I would like them, but I can't remember why.

Comment

Metallica's been **** ever since Napster. I downloaded this album twice, and deleted it twice, never listening to it, just to spite them.
                    B♭3

Comment

Working...
                    X