SlowwHand Unplugged, About "The Election"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tinyp3nis
    Do you think Nader had a part in him coming president?
    Guy said it well enough. The Dems or anyone else aren't entitled to my vote, they have to earn it... even if by "earning" it means looking better than the other guy as opposed to agreeing with me.
    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Ramo
      Umm... Guy, I've never "blamed" Nader for Gore's loss. And I usually don't get into these kinds of arguments, but there was that whole "obedient worker and voter" nonsense...
      Don't think for a moment that I'm just some dick who is only doing this to troll you or trying to own you. I called it as I saw it, and still do see it that way. Uncalled for? Maybe, I just couldn't resist it was too good to pass sorry I am not responsible for lot of the heated comments here.

You haven't said Nader cost Gore 2000. True, but
      Protest votes at the Presidential level are worse than useless.
      That's bull****. The pursuit of "purity" isn't worth perpetuating the grand larceny that's called the American health care system (and there's no doubt that viable plans such as those proposed by Edwards or Wyden would be a dramatic improvement). It isn't worth doing little to nothing about carbon emissions and mass transit until it's too late and too expensive. It isn't worth wasting hundreds of billions in Iraq every year, and starting a potential war with Iran. And it isn't worth the continued denial of habeas corpus. **** that.
      These are spoiler arguments for Nader and third party candidates, no two ways about it.

Look guys, I don't understand how you can really say what I post is self evident to you and at the same time support Obama. You guys would have to at least disagree with Gravel, you should watch it Theben, it's funny.
      I won't ask you to try to reply to what Gravel is saying, it would be pretty unfair me to just post more stuff and expect you to go operate on it. I just wanted you to see them.

If none of that makes you doubt Obama (more than you did) I might have something that will. I will be very surprised if you both or either have heard all this before. The video which had Matt Gonzalez in it on the previous page is actually a 6 parter. It gets better after the first.
      This is the second part

Go into to youtube to see the rest, or if you want to read instead, this link has mostly the same info in it in more boring format:

You don't have to try to prove him wrong, but if you see it would be nice if you drop a line you did. I admit I haven't fact checked any of that (hardly surprise) but if there is something wrong I blame Matt Gonzalez.

Oh and one last thing, Obama voting to filibuster war funding? I saw an interview where he was replying why he votes for the funds everytime and wasn't denying it.

Comment

Originally posted by Theben

Guy said it well enough. The Dems or anyone else aren't entitled to my vote, they have to earn it... even if by "earning" it means looking better than the other guy as opposed to agreeing with me.
        Earning votes
        But don't you think they have you trapped? Republicans can get worse every year and Democrats can follow them, and you can't do anything because you have restricted yourself to those two.

Comment

Just because this is Slowws thread don't mean somebody can't talk **** about McSame.

Comment

Earning votes
            But don't you think they have you trapped? Republicans can get worse every year and Democrats can follow them, and you can't do anything because you have restricted yourself to those two.
            What do you mean he has restricted himself? I'm sure Theben feels he can, and has, voted third party in the past.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

That is the way I see this
              even if by "earning" it means looking better than the other guy as opposed to agreeing with me.

Comment

Just because this is Slowws thread don't mean somebody can't talk **** about McSame.

I live in Texas, which is currently part of the USA.
                You can think and say whatever floats your boat.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand

I live in Texas, which is currently part of the USA.

...so far.

"My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                  "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

It was just a reminder for others who want to do it, I don't have enough dirt to get anything (new) going, also don't you still think Bush didn't lie, USA is force for good etc... I mean if you still do I don't want to bang my head to that wall, but if somebody does I can watch.

Comment

I started laughing when I realised that I have seen a clip for this too. Guess who is about it?

Conservative Ralph Nader

Ok Sloww, here you go

Comment

Working...
                      X