I think the childless should be taxed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think the childless should be taxed

That simple. It will restore the competitiveness of working moms and dads in the labor market and might just be enough to make a dent in Europe's slow slide into demographic doom.

I think it should start at age 27 and end at retirement.

Plus its fair, since people who don't have kids are burdening society by benefiting from the welfare state while not contributing to its continued existance.

@USAians: The US is not a welfare state and so such a tax would probably be unfair unless it was very small.
    Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

I support this one
    Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
    GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Re: I think the childless should be taxed

Originally posted by Heraclitus

Plus its fair, since people who don't have kids are burdening society by benefiting from the welfare state while not contributing to its continued existance.
      Not contributing? Horse****. People without kids pay higher taxes than breeders. They contribute more to the state than breeders do, without contributing to the world's excess population.
      Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
      I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Re: I think the childless should be taxed

That simple. It will restore the competitiveness of working moms and dads in the labor market and might just be enough to make a dent in Europe's slow slide into demographic doom.

I think it should start at age 27 and end at retirement.

@USAians: The US is not a welfare state and so such a tax would probably be unfair unless it was very small.
        There's nothing wrong with lower populations, just that it's not compatable with capitalism.
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

It's a bad idea. Now the parents who have 12 children will feel compelled to have 20. They're nothing but cats on 2 legs.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Why should we be punished for not overpopulating the world?
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Unless your children pay taxes (and being Europe I wouldn't put it past you guys) people with kids draw FAR more resources than they contribute compared to people without.

Having children is a choice, and like when you choose to buy a TV or a new car you need to take the financial reprecussions of that into account BEFORE you make your decision.
              Last edited by Patroklos; August 26, 2008, 09:16.
              "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Re: Re: I think the childless should be taxed

Originally posted by Kidicious

There's nothing wrong with lower populations, just that it's not compatable with capitalism.
                Kid how many times do we have to go through this?

The Demographic crisis in Europe will not reduce the worlds population all it will achieve is the death of internationalist social democracy.

Does a lefty really want that?
                Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

I think you should be taxed, then taxed for being taxed.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Re: Re: I think the childless should be taxed

Originally posted by Thoth

Not contributing? Horse****. People without kids pay higher taxes than breeders. They contribute more to the state than breeders do, without contributing to the world's excess population.
                    BTW Who said anything about breeders? Adopted children would allow you to be exempt from tax the same way your biological kids would. Adopting a kid from Africa helps ameliorate the problem of overpopulation even better than not having kids.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: I think the childless should be taxed

Kid how many times do we have to go through this?

The Demographic crisis in Europe will not reduce the worlds population all it will achieve is the death of internationalist social democracy.

Does a lefty really want that?
                      The crisis is world wide, except for India for some reason. China's population will decline soon.
                      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                        It's a bad idea. Now the parents who have 12 children will feel compelled to have 20. They're nothing but cats on 2 legs.

Ehhh dude. I said tax the childless! Not tax normal people with 2/3 kids!!

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: I think the childless should be taxed

Originally posted by Kidicious

The crisis is world wide, except for India for some reason. China's population will decline soon.
                          Except the Muslim world.

Also all parts of the world except Europe and Japan have moderate growth.

All that China needs to do is lift its once child restriction and they get a decade long boost in population.

Population growth in %

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I think the childless should be taxed

Krautland had more births during the first quarter of 2007 than during the same time 2006. In your face, China!!!
                            Blah

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos

Unless your children pay taxes (and being Europe I wouldn't put it past you guys) people with kids draq FAR more resources than the contribute compared to people without.

Having children is a choice, and like when you choose to buy a TV or a new car you need to take the financial reprecussions of that into account BEFORE you make your decision.
                              Children grow up to be taxpayers overhear in Europe.

No kids = No future taxpayers

Comment

Working...
                              X