No announcement yet.

Iraq war winding down...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, who would have guessed that I would find a DanS thread misguided....

Maybe I forgot, but what is the mission in Iraq exactly? End coalition deaths?

IIRC (accordingto the WH and Sen. McCain) the point of this war is to create a "democratic and stable" Iraq.

So, while a reduction in violence is vital to such a final outcome, IT IS NOT THE OUTCOME ITSELF!!! J.H. Christ, is that so difficult for some people to understand!?

Iraq was supposed to be having provincial elections in two months. They are currently postponned until at least next year, and the issue of Kirkut has also not been resolved.

Excuse me, but is a country that has to postpone elections by many months because the political groups can't even agree on a basic framework of how it should work "stable"?

I am glad all Iraqi political groups have decided for this time to keep the guns away. Sadly, I don't see them resolving the issue that could always make them decide that guns are the way.

But I can assume of course that the definition of victory shall be changed again. Not that I expect intellectual honesty (or even consistency) from this adventure anymore.
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Working...
    X