Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Hitler had died in the summer of 1939 how would he be remembered?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Serb

Germans crushed Poland within weeks, then lost to Soviets. That's my evidence.
    Had Poland similar strategical depht, population and foreign aid... SU lost territories many times a Poland before it could do anything to stop Germans. It's not about polish abilities being smaller, but only the matter of territory size.
    "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
    I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
    Middle East!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheStinger
      Oh and here is an example of the famed SU military being stuffed by a small number of underequipped Poles

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Szack
      There's no information about the size of the force they were facing. It's hard to know how significant a victory this was.

As for Finland, the Soviets attacked half heartedly and didn't consider the Finns a real threat. Once the Finns gave Stalin a bloody nose, the USSR quickly shifted sufficient forces to defeat Finland.
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• Originally posted by Heresson
        Had Poland similar strategical depht, population and foreign aid.

Nope. Cuz you didn't have equivalent Soviet industries. Ultimately, it was that that won the war for the USSR.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• You have some point, but to say Poland was relatively less industrialised than USRR is very likely to be wrong.
          Middle East!

Comment

• So, if Poland were the USSR it wouldn't have been defeated?

Comment

• I'm just saying that USSR's strenght was size of its territory and its population, not the quality of its soldiers
              Middle East!

Comment

• I have read the history of Hitler from birth to 18 years of age. He was very devoted to his Mother and took very good care of her when she was ill. After she died, is when Hitler went the other way. So if Hitler had died soon after his Mother, most people would say he was a very good young man.

When Germany invaded the Soviet Union, their Tanks were Panzer 4s, 3s, 2s, and 1s, with the Czech 38. They were able to destroy most of the SU Tanks, The Soviets than build the T-34/76 (June 1941) to counter the Panzer 4s. Of course, the 34s did very well against the Panzers. So then the Germans built the Panther or Panzer 5 (Nov 1942) to counter the T-34s. At this time the Tiger 1s first saw action (Aug 1942). The King Tiger did not see action until after Jan 1944.

Comment

• Well, the T-34s were already in production when the war came, as were the KV-1s.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joseph

When Germany invaded the Soviet Union, their Tanks were Panzer 4s, 3s, 2s, and 1s, with the Czech 38. They were able to destroy most of the SU Tanks, The Soviets than build the T-34/76 (June 1941) to counter the Panzer 4s.
                    When the invasion began the Panzer III was their main tank. The IV had a short 75mm gun, which in the Ausf F2 was upgraded to a high velocity one in response to the heavily armored KV.
                    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                    Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                    One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                      Well, the T-34s were already in production when the war came, as were the KV-1s.
                      The info was from the book World War Two by George Forty.

From the book The Illustrated Directory of Tanks of the World from World War 1 to the present day by David Miller.
                      KV-1 started production Feb. 1940.
                      T-34 started Production June 1940. By June of 1941 1225 were ready for the German attack.

Other books to read are Tanks by Chris Ghant, and The Encyclopedia of Tanks and Armored Fighting Vehicles by
                      Christopher F Foss.

Comment

• There weren't many, but the ones that did exist did a lot of damage.

Comment

Working...
                        X