No announcement yet.

OMG, Obama is condoning Prussian militarism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or he could do it like every other nominees do and have it at the convention center where the rest of the party has been all week long.

Dunno why its "smart politics" to make yourself look presumptuous... especially after you've had problems with that label before (the Presidential seal looking logo on a podium, etc).
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

JFK didn't. The pols who thought they couldn't pull it off did it the traditional way.
      "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
      -Bokonon

Comment

[SIZE=1] ego
        I don't think you're going to find many meek and mild people who want the job of Prez of America. You have to have a pretty big ego to think you're even remotely qualified, much less the best qualified. Ego is the character flaw I'm most willing to overlook in a politician (which is good, I guess, since it's universal).

Now, ideally, someone would walk up to, say... me, and say, "We the people have decided that you are best qualified person in all the land to lead our nation to prosperity". I would say -- "Oh no, I don't want such power and prestige, it is too much for one man, and I am far too humble". They would say -- "That's why you're the only one for the job". Me, "I guess I must accept this responsibility for the good of all". Cue triumphant music and the platinum age of American enlightenment.
        The undeserving maintain power by promoting hysteria.

Comment

JFK didn't. The pols who thought they couldn't pull it off did it the traditional way.

As you well know, I despise JFK and think he was a media whore... so that doesn't help if you are trying to convince me .

And I'm quite sure that Reagan in 1984 could have easily filled a stadium if he wanted to.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Bottom line:
            Obama can fill a stadium.
            McCain can fill a telephone booth.
            Attached Files

Comment

Obama can fill a chair right next to Gore and Kerry after November 4.

Comment

Sig material
                You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
                  A better joke would be:

"My favorite part of the speech is when Obama says we must tear down borders between nations, and the immediate reaction of the 200,000 Germans was to turn and march on Poland."

Comment

As you well know, I despise JFK and think he was a media whore... so that doesn't help if you are trying to convince me .

And I'm quite sure that Reagan in 1984 could have easily filled a stadium if he wanted to.
                    They're all media whores (they also, BTW, all have massive egos). That's what your job is if you're a halfway successful candidate. Be a media whore.
                    "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                    -Bokonon

Comment

Media whore = someone who is able to get free news stories.
                      Free news stories = indicative of the ability to use assets effeciently.
                      Ability to use assets effeciently = indicative of a good steward
                      Good stewarship = critical virtue in a public official

Thr4, we should only elect media whores.
                      QED

Comment

Except Obama didn't ask for the huge crowds and attention, he's just that charismatic. I'm sure he's got an ego, but so what... And if he needs deflating he can just look at the latest polls indicating McCain, somehow, has managed to close the gap.

That would be a disaster. I don't think our democracy will survive another 4 years of Bush-style politics.
                        I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
                          saving this quote for the future
                          but the quote can also be true if he invites them to dinner on november 4
                          Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                          Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                          giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
                            Bottom line:
                            Obama can fill a stadium.
                            McCain can fill a telephone booth.
                            is that an angola banner that guy is holding?
                            Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                            Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                            giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler

A better joke would be:

"My favorite part of the speech is when Obama says we must tear down borders between nations, and the immediate reaction of the 200,000 Germans was to turn and march on Poland."
                              "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                              I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                              Middle East!

Comment

Re: OMG, Obama is condoning Prussian militarism

Originally posted by BeBro

Of course the column was erected for the 19th century military victories leading to the German unification, over Denmark 1864, Austria 1866, and France 1870/71. And while this would be nothing more than an interesting tidbit of historical information completely unrelated to Obama, we have now (German!) politicians who think he should again look for a different place to avoid the negative symbolism. WTF???
                                I don't understand it. Where's the negative symbolism?

Comment

Working...
                                X