OMG, Obama is condoning Prussian militarism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG, Obama is condoning Prussian militarism

So he is coming to Berlin to give a speech soon. First he planned to do it in front of the Brandenburg Gate, probably because it's quite known even outside Hermania, and we know his tour is mainly about the people at home in the US of A.

However, turns out that isn't all that easy since our politicians think the place is only good enough for presidents (Kennedy, Reagan, Clinton), not for candidates. Now the new location will be at the Siegessäule or Victory Column. So far, so absurd.

Of course the column was erected for the 19th century military victories leading to the German unification, over Denmark 1864, Austria 1866, and France 1870/71. And while this would be nothing more than an interesting tidbit of historical information completely unrelated to Obama, we have now (German!) politicians who think he should again look for a different place to avoid the negative symbolism. WTF???
    Blah

He should do it in a Beir Garten! At least that's something the voters understand.

Or at least have Hasselhoff on hand
    Monkey!!!

Comment

Obama's vice is smoking, do you have any good cigar bars?
      "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

They just banned smoking from (most) restaurants, pubs, bars etc.
        Blah

Comment

Someone should remind Obama that he is still running for the U.S. presidency and that shaking the hands of a few diplomats in Europe does not a foreign policy make!
          -rmsharpe

Comment

We have that too, but buisness specifically catering to smokers like cigar bars are exempt.
            "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Two phallic symbols in one picture, BeBro has been outdoing himself

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos
                Obama's vice is smoking, do you have any good cigar bars?
                Michelle made him give up smoking.

Comment

Considering the timidity of the Bundeswehr in Afghanistan, maybe we want you guys to get back to kicking ass.
                  John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

He should speak from a beer hall in Munich.
                    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Obama is Europe's poodle.

Comment

Originally posted by Theben
                        He should speak from a beer hall in Munich.
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
                          Obama is Europe's poodle.
                          That's only because McCain backers can't find Europe on a map.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler

That's only because McCain backers can't find Europe on a map.
                            I went to McCains debunk website and this one has been contested. There's a photo of MaCain's wife standing next to a map and her breasts are pointing straight at Europe.
                            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Link?
                              Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                              Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Working...
                              X