X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Winston
    76 percent of Germans think Obama is the better candidate

And so does Barbra Streisand.
    George W. Bush is supporting McCain. What's your point?

200,000 Obama supporters at one rally would be great here in the U.S...
    He's going to be speaking at a stadium on Colorado. He's already done a 100,000 person rally in Oregon.

Comment

That neither the 76% of Germans or Ms. Streisand have a very high level of insight or sound judgement in this matter.

In contrast, I believe that you, good Sir, might have just gotten caught up in all the excitement somehow.

Comment

But of course people who voted for Dubya twice (or would have, but for the fact that they're Danish) have EXCELLENT judgment. Right.

-Arrian
        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
          He's going to be speaking at a stadium on Colorado.
          Yes.. for the convention acceptance

A bit disturbing. I'm getting the feeling that Obama is getting quite full of himself.. or is listen to his own press too much.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
            A bit disturbing. I'm getting the feeling that Obama is getting quite full of himself.. or is listen to his own press too much.

...because he's making room for the expected crowds.

The Obama camp's expectation in Berlin was for 100,000 people. An estimated 200,000 showed up. This doesn't indicate Obama is full of himself.

I'll bet there'll be people outside the sold-out stadium vainly trying to get in.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
              ...because he's making room for the expected crowds.

The Obama camp's expectation in Berlin was for 100,000 people. An estimated 200,000 showed up. This doesn't indicate Obama is full of himself.

I'll bet there'll be people outside the sold-out stadium vainly trying to get in.
              There is plenty of people outside of the arenas in conventions that try to get in every election cycle, so? Instead of accepting inside the convention hall, he's trying to say that he's bigger than the party and would rather speak in a stadium... away from the convention.

This rock star mentality is getting quite annoying.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

He wants to maximize the exposure of a major speech in a key swing state. That's generally how you win in politics. What's wrong with that? McCain would do the same if he could reliably get 70,000 to come to his speech.
                "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                -Bokonon

Comment

I actually don't think that McCain would decide to hold his acceptance as the Minnesota Dome instead of the convention center, where the rest of the party is. It just seems distasteful and doesn't help the whole Messiah complex critique.

And it's a freaking convention acceptance speech! It already has maximum exposure!!

Comment

Can't he hold it in Berlin?

Comment

Yeah, that'll really increase the exposure!!

Comment

Berlin isn't a swing state.

Comment

What's the largest crowd McCain has attracted? The only reason why McCain wouldn't do the same is that the added costs don't justify gambling on the stadium not being filled. This is how the game is played, not some kind of silly race for humility.
                          "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                          -Bokonon

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                            I actually don't think that McCain would decide to hold his acceptance as the Minnesota Dome instead of the convention center, where the rest of the party is. It just seems distasteful and doesn't help the whole Messiah complex critique.

And it's a freaking convention acceptance speech! It already has maximum exposure!!
                            are you a PUMA?
                            The undeserving maintain power by promoting hysteria.

Comment

I'm just annoyed by Obama's apparent massive ego (seemingly more massive than most politicians).

As Bill Maher puts it "In New York, Catholic groups have forced an art gallery to shut down an exhibition of a six-foot image of Jesus in chocolate. Or, as Democrats call it, Barack Obama."

Comment

But again, it's not about ego. It's smart politics. Obama could also do his speech at 3 am and not broadcast it, but that would be dumb.
                                -Bokonon

Comment

Working...
                                X