Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dark Knight

Can't wait
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Bah! You're waiting right now.

Comment

Seeing it tonight at 10:45 at the Uptown in DC. I have a long night in front of me.
        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

My daughter saw it last night, so she had to call me at work today to tell me how great it was and get me to promise to go with her on Sunday.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I have seen it, and it easily lives up to its hype. Theater was full. Everyone applauded when Heath Ledger's name came up in the credits.
            "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

This was a ****ing ****ing ****ing brilliant movie.

I watched it at 2am, finished at 4.30am.

Ledger was just awesome, I am definitley watching this again - and I don't do that sort of thing.

Now I remember why I bother to watch movies - it's because of these rare ones that come along now and then.

DirtyMartini, Ledger hands down has proved you wrong. DC has the best villians, Marvel is the one with stupid villians, hence why I don't like the Spiderman movies. DC superheroes and villians have strong substance, particuarly Superman and Batman.
              Last edited by FrostyBoy; July 19, 2008, 01:43.
              be free

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguar
                I have seen it, and it easily lives up to its hype. Theater was full. Everyone applauded when Heath Ledger's name came up in the credits.
                (Too tired to add my own comments right now. These will serve.)
                Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Good film. Ledger channels Michael Keaton more than Jack Nicholson. Nice choice. The side-trip to Hong Kong is a mistake however and Bale doesn't really do much acting.
                  VANGUARD

Comment

OMG!!! Saw it yesterday with hubby. It was totaly amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing! Ledger's performance is incredible and Christian Bale well he is "the dark night". Steve is a huge fan and says that Bale plays that role perfectly. Really personafies the "dark knight".

It was great, couldn't stop talking about it yesterday and yeah, our theather was packed to.
                    Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
                    Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
                    Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
                    You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

I have tickets for tonight - last I heard the movie made around $60 Million on its opening day. This might be the biggest opening weekend for any movie ever, eclipsing Spiderman (or is it Spiderman 2?).
                      If you don't like reality, change it! me
                      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

It was just awesome!! I'm ready to go see it again
                        Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
                        Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
                        Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
                        You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

I'm considering going to Studio Movie Grill this evening to see it.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

This sounds really good, but i got totally burned for the rave reviews of "Juno" & "Cloverfield" last weekend. Huh they were crappies!

Comment

Juno and Cloverfield were both a little bit niche market-y. I really liked Juno, but it's not necessarily for everyone.

This is just straight-up summer blockbusterism. I think it delivers pretty much what you'd expect from it, except it does so perfectly.
                              "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

My ears were bleeding because of dialog of Juno. One review said that it does get better after 20 mins, but that was my limit.

Clover i could watch for 40 mins just wondering if the movie is ever gonna start, after that FF didn't make any difference to it.

TDK i will watch with interest.. maybe even go to theater!

Comment

Working...
                                X