Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MOBIUS
    Batman, born in Wales...
    Most people don't realize that Bruce Wayne's birthname is Brrghusszhghsse ap Wayyynnyeffdy.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyMartini

You don't think the Joker is the world's goofiest villian? I was never very into the DC books, but he's the best example of why DC had inferior villians to Marvel. Maybe it was supposed to be a clever symbol reversal: traditionally harmless clown = evil, traditionally evil bat = good.
      Teh Joker is teh most awesome villain ever. All teh villains in other comics (Magneto, Green Goblin, Silver Surfer, wtf?) are stupid and lame.

Penguin was pretty goofy, though.
      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

IF HEATH LEGDGAR DOES NOT WIN BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR I WILL BOYCOTT THE OSCARS AND THE DARK NIGHT!

DEAD ACTORS

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva

Teh Joker is teh most awesome villain ever. All teh villains in other comics (Magneto, Green Goblin, Silver Surfer, wtf?) are stupid and lame.

Penguin was pretty goofy, though.
          OK, I'll grant you that one -- penguin is goofier. Maybe I should just generalize -- 99% of Batman's villians are goofy and/or lame. Riddler? Nice question mark pajamas hamburglar. I sometimes wonder if the Penguin was the inspiration for Tyrion Lannister of the GRR Martin books though.
          The undeserving maintain power by promoting hysteria.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyMartini
            You don't think the Joker is the world's goofiest villian? I was never very into the DC books, but he's the best example of why DC had inferior villians to Marvel. Maybe it was supposed to be a clever symbol reversal: traditionally harmless clown = evil, traditionally evil bat = good.

That being said, Jack's joker was great, and Heath's looks like it could be even better -- very dark, very crazy.
            Seriously, there are a lot of goofy villains in DC Comics and Batman especially, but the Joker is not one of them. His maniacal psychopathy is chilling when done right.
            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael
              His maniacal psychopathy is chilling when done right.
              Totally agree, but I think the "when done right" thing is a pretty recent thing in the Batman timeline. I believe it started with the graphic novel "the Dark Knight", which (IIRC) is the inspiration for the 1990ish Batman the new one. Before that, he was a greedy clown who hung out with the penguin.

I guess I will have to concede that he isn't the worlds #1 goofiest, but he was originally pretty goofy, sez me.

Comment

LS and I totally pwned you.
                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

no more poorly thought out comic book criticism for me

Comment

Ok, slow girl here but what does that mean?

The movie critic that reviewed it here in Austin yesterday said without a doubt it was one of the best movies he's seen in the last 5 years he just kept saying "yes, it's that good". He said it beat the oscar pictures that have won for the last 5 years hands down. Amazing I believe was the quote. Hubby has been driving me nuts to see it. Been talking about it for weeks.
                    Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
                    Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
                    Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
                    You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

My husband has also been going crazy to see it ever since the very first trailer was released long ago. The weekend is finally almost here and in almost every conversation we have Batman comes up.

I am excited to see it too. I mean, what woman isn't excited to see Christian Bale rip up the big screen?
                      In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Comment

**high five** Yes indeeedeeeeeeee dooooooo! Now that's what I'm talking about!
                        Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild

Comment

In a rubber suit, no less.
                          No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                          "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

No glove, no love. At least he's prepared!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tiamat
                              Ok, slow girl here but what does that mean?
                              Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Comment

So apparently I have just been pwned then?

Comment

Working...
                                X