It's official, I'm a Moron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
    Yep. In fact, that's what I told him. "I'm gonna have to refuse on principle."
    Even though it's fun to do that 99.999% of the time, you couldn't make one exception in these circumstances? It almost sounds like you were looking for an excuse not to make that bus.

Even if you're right that they would have searched one way or the other, politely explaining to the officer that you have an important bus to catch in 30 minutes and waiting even 5 minutes would make you late so you'd really appreciate his help in this instance, he probably would have either cut you a break or at least made the search really quick. For most cops all it takes is a little respect, no matter how feigned.

But nooooooo, you had to make a "point" even though it gains nothing and costs your entire trip. Nah... I say you were looking for an excuse.
    Unbelievable!

Comment

The cop had already said he wanted to search the vechicle. Although he could've said the "I've a bus to catch" after saying they wanted to search I doubt it would've helped.

It was no-win.
      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

He knew I had a bus to catch. Honestly, Darius, I thought letting him search the car would take too long.

And really, I'm tired of letting the police just search me. I have decided that no matter how inconvenient it is to me, I'm not going to volunteer to allow our rights to be violated. They're going to have to violate them without my permission from now on.

So my self-interest and my principles intersected at a point. It just didn't matter.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Theben
          The cop had already said he wanted to search the vechicle. Although he could've said the "I've a bus to catch" after saying they wanted to search I doubt it would've helped.

It was no-win.
          Few cops would have let you go at that point, but many would at least give the car a quick once-over so you can be on your way faster. It's worth a try just in case, unless deep down you're not wild about making that bus in the first place.
          Unbelievable!

Comment

I told him I was going to catch a bus when he first pulled me over, and he himself mentioned it several times. He was not unaware that I had somewhere to be at a certain time.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I realize the 4th Amendment is rather unfashionable these days, but someone has to stand up for it.

Comment

I got off a pot charge by doing the same thing. Pulled over for an expired sticker. He wasn't going to find more proof by searching the vehicle.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                  I realize the 4th Amendment is rather unfashionable these days, but someone has to stand up for it.
                  Nobody said you shouldn't stand up for it, so get off your high horse. The first thing I do anytime I'm pulled over is step out of the car and lock the doors, just to exercise rights for its own sake. But it wouldn't make you a whore to try a rare, rare exception in the one instance where you have an absolute deadline to meet. Yeesh, get over yourself already.
                  Unbelievable!

Comment

Selective reading ftw
                    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Theben
                      Selective reading ftw
                      I read his other post, but frankly I had no response because it had nothing to do with what I suggested. How does lack of success saying you have a bus to catch while refusing a search somehow prove that it wouldn't have worked to say you wouldn't mind a search and have nothing to hide but would really appreciate if he could make it quick because you have a very important bus to catch in X minutes and the $X tickets can't be refunded? I'm talking about how easy it is to sweet-talk most cops, and obviously sweet-talking a cop categorically excludes refusing a search for its own sake, so it's apples and oranges.
                      Unbelievable!

Comment

And besides, I'm very curious how it came to be that they got into the car for a search even after the dog got the supposed "hit." Did they pick the locks, or did you just suddenly decide to whore out your constitutional rights after all?
                        Unbelievable!

Comment

I didn't lock the car because I wasn't expecting to get searched.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                            My one bus experience [...] isn't based off sitting next to a slut that loved giving head.
                            That's weird Sloww. Whenever I ride a bus I find I'm never far from one of those.

Uncanny.
                            "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Working...
                            X