21% of American atheists don't know what "atheist" means

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elok

Try the poll then. Give the same explanation you gave me about how circles must contain circularity from another dimension, and see how many people think it makes sense.
    Given that you've demonstrated you aren't interested in argument, thinking or learning anything, but would rather behave like a ****, I don't see the point.

Anyway, this moronic article was rebutted in the press today.
    Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon

Actually it's motivated by anti-authoritarianism. Religion is one of the key ways in which authoritarians flourish in our society. Replacing religion with atheism as the established authority is a way of getting them on side and also a way of moderating their baleful influence. After all, if an authoritarian believes that he must find empirical evidence to justify his political program it is a hell of a lot better than if he believes it is justified because a burning tree or a pillar of salt talked to him.

Or would you prefer that we simply put all the authoritarians to death? That could be arranged.

The drones need you, eh? They look up to you...

-Arrian
      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
        On the subject of religion, I'm with Stalin.
        Stalin the ex-trainee for the priesthood ?
        Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian

The drones need you, eh? They look up to you...

-Arrian
          Me? I can't organize my own life. Someone else can do it.
          Only feebs vote.

Comment

Working...
          X