"Well, here it goes buddy"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lefty Scaevola
    we want to encourage the robbers, burglars, and thieves to leave Texas and move to your jurisdiction.
    So you're terrorists.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Well if that is what you call saying "Use this bus ticket to an ivy league town, or else Dick Cheney will shoot you in the face".
      Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
      Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
      "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
      From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

• Originally posted by Patroklos
        poor, oppressed criminals
        I'm not arguing that criminals are nice people who do not deserve legal punishment according to the law. But I place a high priority in valuing human life and value laws that are meant to prevent widespread vigilantinism.

My concern is that you risk going down a dangrous path once you believe that material things like plasma televisions are more valuable than the human life of a petty thief.

You should only use deadly force/violence in self-defense for your life, not because you're about to lose a television.
        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• Any new news on this topic? OI agree with Aggie that I doubt he'll lose the case, but wouldn't be suprised if he were charged.
          You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

• Grand jury failed to indict, so no charges.
            John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrFun

I'm not arguing that criminals are nice people who do not deserve legal punishment according to the law. But I place a high priority in valuing human life and value laws that are meant to prevent widespread vigilantinism.

My concern is that you risk going down a dangrous path once you believe that material things like plasma televisions are more valuable than the human life of a petty thief.

You should only use deadly force/violence in self-defense for your life, not because you're about to lose a television.
              To be fair a plasma tv is more valuable to society than a convicted felon drug dealing thief...........

ACK!
              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Do plasma TVs make license plates?
                Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• According to the law Aggie posted, Horn's defense would seem to fail on section 3, since he was told by the police that they were either on the scene or almost there and because the burglars were running away, and thus he cannot have reasonably held a belief that less than deadly force was necessary.
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• He's a Texan. He can't hold any belief reasonably.

Although "reasonably" is probably relative, in which case it was likely reasonable to believe it was shootin' time.
                    "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                    "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                    "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Working...
                    X