No announcement yet.

I Got 24 Problems But a ***** Ain't One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am amazed that Vista took literally 15 seconds to move a shortcut from a folder to the desktop, asking me three permissions along the way and even giving me a nonsensical error message before finally letting it drop. Now all I need to do is figure out why my system's incompatible with SP1 and hope that fixes this madness

Comment

Just download SP1 directly: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf
        I am amazed that Vista took literally 15 seconds to move a shortcut from a folder to the desktop, asking me three permissions along the way and even giving me a nonsensical error message before finally letting it drop. Now all I need to do is figure out why my system's incompatible with SP1 and hope that fixes this madness

Sorry, I mean .

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Snuggles
          Just download SP1 directly: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
          Probably would be better to figure out why windows update won't allow it, right? Honestly though I am impressed it would allow me to install it directly on my own. Vista does not trust me to move shortcuts.

Comment

I never figured out how Windows Update figured out if you should get SP1.

My work laptop never got it, I had to download the mofo myself. My home computers were fine, but it took like 15 minutes after I downloaded all of the available Windows Updates before SP1 showed up in Windows Update.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Just curious if you intend to check for BIOS and chipset updates.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf
                I am amazed that Vista took literally 15 seconds to move a shortcut from a folder to the desktop, asking me three permissions along the way and even giving me a nonsensical error message before finally letting it drop.
                Should have gotten XP while it's still around.
                John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

I downloaded SP1 from Snugglepoo's link, and it seems to work fine. Very weird Windows Update wouldn't let me get it

Just curious if you intend to check for BIOS and chipset updates.
                  I think Vista found some updates from intel. the motherboard CD found some stuff too. Anyway thanks for the help everyone

Comment

You're not still on this, are you Snuglaf?

Comment

You are welcome.

Comment

Working...
                      X