No announcement yet.

I Got 24 Problems But a ***** Ain't One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just connected all the phans to any power supply cord that would take them. Is this way of connecting the fans going to be a potential hazard?

I do not want to be the one to have to turn this thing on.

Comment

Re: I Got 24 Problems But a ***** Ain't One

Originally posted by Wiglaf
      this is annoying the piss out of me and is easily the most frustrating thing that has happened to me since my neighbor accused my dog Washington of killing her cat. Obviously Washington did it but she had no way of knowing that because I used Axe body spray (I know I know) to make the blood trail smell like Urban Fusion or something. I blamed the African American Garbage man, playing on her racial hatred, and she quickly went after him
      Surely not.
      Only feebs vote.

Comment

Connecting the fans to the MB may allow for you to view the speed they are turning in bios/software. I usually use the MB connectors first if they're handy. Mostly because it's a bit less clutter in the case that way.

Comment

I connect mine to the PSU, but it don't matter
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp
            So your dangly bit is too short?
            Originally posted by Wiglaf
            While I understand why you think this is my computer it is not, and your efforts at sabotage will only hurt yourselves. Somehow
            Laz was talking about your penis. We all were.
            The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

I was responding to Thoth

Comment

Thoth was talking about your penis too, dear.
                The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Wiglaf, just noticed in your photo you had the 2 sticks of RAM next to each other. Put them in the yellow slots.

Comment

I think the photo is not Wiglaf's actual machine, but a good suggestion nonetheless
                    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Good catch.
                      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson
                        Wiglaf, just noticed in your photo you had the 2 sticks of RAM next to each other. Put them in the yellow slots.
                        Thanks But why?

Comment

Most modern RAM runs faster due to certain optimizations when used in matched pairs (ie, two identical RAM modules), put into the matching slots (ie, both in yellow slots in this case). They alternate them 1-3 2-4 presumably to allow better air circulation if you only have two.

"Dual Channel" is the fancy techword for this, by the way, your RAM should specify this (and your MoBo), but most modern ram will work in this way.

Comment

What snoopy said.

Comment

Feel free to enumerate the optimizations, I really don't know that part at all... just that it is optimized somehow

I presume it must involve some sort of RAID-like memory access (accessing alternate memory modules to increase data flow across the memory pipelines)?

Comment

Thanks. Also Do I need to insulate the standoffs on the motherboard. Right now they are 6 brass standoffs screwed down.

Comment

Working...
                                X