I Got 24 Problems But a ***** Ain't One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by snoopy369
    Most modern RAM runs faster due to certain optimizations when used in matched pairs (ie, two identical RAM modules), put into the matching slots (ie, both in yellow slots in this case). They alternate them 1-3 2-4 presumably to allow better air circulation if you only have two.

"Dual Channel" is the fancy techword for this, by the way, your RAM should specify this (and your MoBo), but most modern ram will work in this way.
    While not untrue that's perhaps the most bizarre explanation I've ever seen.

Dual Channel is the "fancy techword" because there are two channels, or lanes. If you put both DIMMs in the same channel, you're only using one of the two channels so you're only getting half the bandwidth.

A comparison is you've got two cars on a two-lane road. The way in the picture has both cars in the same lane, the way it should be is one car in each lane.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

What happens when you turn a computer on when the cpu is not powered.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf
        A gay gets married

Comment

Is it just the CPU? Or are all the LEDs not on also
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Nothing turns on , which is not a great sign, but at least nothing's smoking either.

Comment

Make sure you've hooked up the power switch cable right

And that the powersupply switch is on

Comment

Check: (no offense intended by the obvious stuff... just to be complete)

Plugged into the outlet

Plugged into the PSU

Case power switch plugged into the MB properly

20+4 plugged into the MB

PSU switch on ( - of +/- )

Comment

Wiglaf, did you mean that you have not yet plugged in the CPU?
                  <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                  I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Thanks a lot, the problem was just the power button header was in the wrong spot on the motherboard. Another question though, does the PSU fan generally point inward to the motherboard or out of the case? The latter seems impossible for me but blowing hot air into the computer seems retarded.

Comment

Thanks a lot, the problem was just the power button header was in the wrong spot on the motherboard.
                      Damn I'm good.

(The only reason I know this is I've done this several times myself)

Another question though, does the PSU fan generally point inward to the motherboard or out of the case? The latter seems impossible for me but blowing hot air into the computer seems retarded.
                      It faces inward.

Comment

Also how dangerous is it to have a screw in the case loose?

Comment

You should know
                          "

Comment

The only way you make naked women groan is with your obvious jokes

Comment

Also how dangerous is it to have a screw in the case loose?
                              I would remove it. You don't want it conducting electricity where it shouldn't.

Comment

"Verifying DMI pool data"

Comment

Working...
                                X