No announcement yet.

Obama's a muslim and he's a smoker...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why read a transcript when you can listen for yourself? Its at the end.

Comment

• Granted there was no quote-unquote "tone" in the video but he clarified the mistake very quickly. Transcribing with quotation marks clearly reflected his intention.
      Unbelievable!

Comment

• Eh, seems like its more of a run of the mill slip of the tongue (freudian?) rather than a " " type of thing, hence the quick correction.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zkribbler

If you're trying to smear Obama, you posted your pick upside down. With the point up, it's a Christian symbol. It's when the point's down that it's a satanic symbol.
          Oh, so Viet Nam and PRC are the nations of the Lord now?
          Graffiti in a public toilet
          Do not require skill or wit
          Among the **** we all are poets
          Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

• It doesn't seem like even a mistake to me. It's very common and acceptable to use a "label" when referring to specific subject matter.

In this case the subject matter was insinuations or claims that he is hiding his supposed Muslim faith, and when clarifying who did so, he simply stated that McCain had not made those claims, using "Muslim faith" properly. (As McCain hasn't made those claims.)

Stephanopoulos "corrected" him, but it wouldn't have made any sense for Obama to have said "McCain has not talked about my [Christian] faith" in that context, since the subject matter was obviously about his supposed "Muslim faith".

IMO, the only mistake Obama made in that clip was stumbling a bit on the "correction" before clarifying what he had been saying.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson
              It doesn't seem like even a mistake to me. It's very common and acceptable to use a "label" when referring to specific subject matter.

In this case the subject matter was insinuations or claims that he is hiding his supposed Muslim faith, and when clarifying who did so, he simply stated that McCain had not made those claims, using "Muslim faith" properly. (As McCain hasn't made those claims.)

Stephanopoulos "corrected" him, but it wouldn't have made any sense for Obama to have said "McCain has not talked about my [Christian] faith" in that context, since the subject matter was obviously about his supposed "Muslim faith".

IMO, the only mistake Obama made in that clip was stumbling a bit on the "correction" before clarifying what he had been saying.
              I'm guessing the Obama camp thinks its a mistake to string those three words together.

Comment

• And I agree that Stephanopolous' correction itself doesn't make sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by asleepathewheel
                  I'm guessing the Obama camp thinks its a mistake to string those three words together.
                  Sure, because most people don't take the time to try to understand what is being said. Doesn't mean that he claimed to have "Muslim faith" though.

Comment

Working...
                  X