No announcement yet.

Macedonia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: see what happens when you start with specifics?

Originally posted by MarkG
    you are aware that ancient greeks were separated in city-states which were often at war with other, right?
    And then Philip of Macedon, an outsider, came in and pwnd them
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: see what happens when you start with specifics?

Originally posted by LordShiva

And then Philip of Macedon, an outsider, came in and pwnd them
      QFT
      Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
      The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
      The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus
        If they get to call their language Macedonian then why not their country?

i would think that since they have their own country, they can call their language as they like. put it in the constitution as well. usually, that's enough for an international organization to accept it like that.

that said, the same wikipedia article you copied also says
        Macedonian is closely related to and mutually intelligible with Standard Bulgarian.
        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

oh look i have a new joke for this!

what about:
          Athens, Limestone, AL
          Athens, McMinn, TN
          Athens, Henderson, TX
          Athens, Athens, OH
          Athens, Bradford, PA
          Athens, Marathon, WI
          Athens, Menard, IL
          Athens, Greene, NY
          Athens, Mercer, WV

I'm glad you realize the whole thing's one big joke.
          I'm consitently stupid- Japher
          I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Re: Re: wow arguments!

Dude states can make nationalities....
            what does this have to do with the point you made about a single quote of a single speech being claimed as evidence of the ethnical identity of a group of people?

Comment

that said, the same wikipedia article you copied also says
              Macedonian is closely related to and mutually intelligible with Standard Bulgarian.
              As is French to Spanish your point?
              Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
              The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
              The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Originally posted by Theben

Indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Theben
                  actually my joke was directed at you

Comment

Re: Re: Re: wow arguments!

what does this have to do with the point you made about a single quote of a single speech being claimed as evidence of the ethnical identity of a group of people?
                    Dude the guy was trying to rally a people to war against another country that would eventually engulf them I don't know how much more divergent you can get.

Comment

As is French to Spanish your point?
                      French only understand French. end of story
                      Find another example

Comment

actually my joke was directed at you
                        Actually he was ambiguous, but you have now cleared that up inadvertantly hurting your position.

Comment

French only understand French. end of story
                          Find another example
                          Wrong, they understand Quebeckers, Belgians and some Swiss at the very least.

Dutch and German
                          Serbian and Croatian
                          Russian and Belorussian

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: wow arguments!

Dude the guy was trying to rally a people to war against another country that would eventually engulf them I don't know how much more divergent you can get.
                            if it was the general consensus that Macedonians were not Greeks, he would not be making that point. you cant convince people by stating the obvious.

It was a insult to call a Greek a "barbarian" and that was what Demosthenes was trying in his speech.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: wow arguments!

if it was the general consensus that Macedonians were not Greeks, he would not be making that point. you cant convince people by stating the obvious.

It was a insult to call a Greek a "barbarian" and that was what Demosthenes was trying in his speech.
                              Like when Bush says that teh war against terror is aimed at those who don't believe in human rights, etc., it's because we aren't convinced that terrorists are bad and so he's trying to insult them
                              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: wow arguments!

Originally posted by LordShiva

Like when Bush says that teh war against terror is aimed at those who don't believe in human rights, etc., it's because we aren't convinced that terrorists are bad and so he's trying to insult them
                                Yeah that makes perfect sense.

Golly gee I think Mark is right.

Comment

Working...
                                X