Wedding gift suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wedding gift suggestions

My bro got married a while back, and I didn't get him anything at the time, though I went to his apartment and helped him move in, etc. I've visited them twice and they're doing great. I'll be visiting them again in late summer and I want to get him something nice. His wife has a keen sense of humor and seems to tolerate my inherent silliness.

This year my brother will have his own place at last and will be able to put holes in the ceiling. I'm thinking of getting him one of these.

My mother says she doesn't think this is a good idea. Is it proper to blow the surprise and ask my brother outright? I think he'd take it well but not so sure about the wife...
    "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Get him strippers as a belated bachelor's party surprise.

Comment

But strippers are only good for one application. The sex swing will keep on giving.
      "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Originally posted by Alinestra Covelia
        But strippers are only good for one application. The sex swing will keep on giving.
        I knew some strippers that would keep on giving, as long as the college funds kept flowing
        Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll
          I knew some strippers that would keep on giving, as long as the college funds kept flowing

SHHHHH! You promised you wouldn't tell!
          "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Get him the swing.

If the wife objects, get him a whip and a leather mask for his next birthday.
            Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
            I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Fine get the swing but invite Pekka to help build it.

Comment

SHHHHH! You promised you wouldn't tell!

Girlfriend, if ya just talked that way to me like you post, heck, like the old saying, a Cold Glass of water and a hot piece of @ZZ would kill me, shoot, I would be in palpitations.

I am practically a harmless old man
                Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Yes I've got nothing to do so I can set up a swing or two no problemo. I can do it naked too.
                  In da butt.
                  "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                  THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                  "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

You won't try to force people to touch your wiener, will you?

Comment

No. I'm not an animal. I'm an artist. OK this is what most people don't get. Turntablism at its best is the manipulation of time. You move the records back and forth, you create new patterns of beats and give birth to a third song, you mix reality into a whole new super reality and the key is the manipulation of time. Get it? So that's art. That's real art.

Now I manipulate what you see. I might flex a muscle, I might bust a dance move. All in what God gave me, pure and simple and in plain sight. It's beautiful. So as I set up the swing, it's for the pleasure and fun for the new couple and for their prosperous future together, but what makes it true love is me doing it naked for them, that's art combined, that's love. It's not just some nude dude hammering away, it's freaking heavenly act. Schopenhauer said the only escape from the misery and pain that is life is art. Through art you can escape the desire that burns inside you, that eventually will make your life miserable. So you either have to kill yourself and just become depressed in order to kill the desire, to become truly free and thus saved. But the other escape is art.

Now love is the ultimate desire. This new couple has it, to bring them art as well and a gift of love so you can make more love, I mean that's just beautiful. That's why I call it heavenly act. It's the manifestation of all that is good in the same package. If AC wants to give the swing to them, it might be funny, and AC could be seen as a funny sister. But if I am invited to set it up naked for them, that makes her Goddess.
                      Last edited by Pekka; May 23, 2008, 20:51.
                      In da butt.
                      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Give him a box of cookies with tonsil cheese on them
                        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

He may possibly be wise to that trick... although to be fair, she probably won't
                          "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

A framed picture of this.

The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

How are you going to measure his wife?
                              Graffiti in a public toilet
                              Do not require skill or wit
                              Among the **** we all are poets
                              Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Working...
                              X