Happy 2-4 weekend Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Badfuzzy
    There is precedent that every non-American thread should be closed.
    Ah yes, I have seen that.

Kontiki - I've lived and worked in many cities in the province. TO I simply will not do again (although I do travel there for work about once a month). London, I openly concede, is crap. London's problem is lack of anything that makes it unique. Hell, even the name is copied.

Personally, I am fond of Waterloo Region and Niagara Region (so long as you stay far enough from the tourist trap).
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
      What are you talking about
      You're just looking for a reason to close the thread aren't you?!
      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

National Patriotes Day in Quebec

Fête nationale des patriotes au Québec!
        bleh

Comment

I was just reading the wiki entry on that. You just have to be different don't you?

Happy Patriotes Day.

Now go drink some beer.

Comment

Yes sir!!
            bleh

Comment

Do you have a 6-8 weekend as well?
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

No sir. Can't do a 6-8. Too many bottles to fit in the cooler.

Comment

Amateurs

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                    Amateurs

Not when it comes to beer, you hosehead.
                    Attached Files

Comment

You sure it's not 2-4 day because it's May 24th
                      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
                        You sure it's not 2-4 day because it's May 24th
                        I posted the wiki link so you could make a valuable investment with your time and learn about this important cultural event and you didn't read it.

Victoria Day is regarded as the beginning of the unofficial summer season in Canada, and is thus the weekend when many businesses, parks, etc., that operate during warm weather months, will open. This long weekend also often signifies the beginning of spring to gardeners in much of the country, as it falls around the time when they can be fairly certain frost will not return until the next autumn or winter. For much the same reason, because colder parts of the country winterise their recreational cabins and turn off water pumps, this weekend can also mark the beginning of the cottage season with cottagers making their first visits to check and clean their properties.

In some parts of Canada, the holiday is colloquially known as May Two-Four.[2][3] This phrase has two meanings: the holiday always falls near the date of May 24, and a two-four is Canadian slang for a case of 24 bottles of beer, a common packaging of the drink in Canada (and a common purchase of those planning to celebrate the weekend).

The rock band Rush referred to Victoria Day celebrations in their song "Lakeside Park" when they sang of gathering at Lakeside Park (Port Dalhousie) and watching a fireworks display.

Comment

I read it, and that's where I got the May 24th reference from

I presumed that the latter (the beer reference) is simply a consequence of the former. If it were May 12th, you'd be drinking twelve packs
                          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil

Personally, I am fond of Waterloo Region and Niagara Region (so long as you stay far enough from the tourist trap).
                            Waterloo sucks worse than Toronto. It's turning into the new Markham, driving wise...

I'm there every weekend.
                            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Whereabouts does your SO live? In Waterloo I presume...

Comment

A 5 min walk from the UW campus.
                                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Working...
                                X