No announcement yet.

Japan -- Geriatric Society

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One could make the case that prosperity does correlate to pop growth.

Seriously, this sounds like, "Rich people good, poor people bad." Not unsurprising since this board is a middle-class circlejerk.
    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion
      Something is fundamentally wrong with a society if people don't want to have children.
      I disagree.

Something is fundamentally wrong with a society if people keep breeding when they shouldn't.
      B♭3

Comment

As far as the age-to-young imbalance, why do you think Korea and Japan are looking to robotics to take care of a lot of these mundane tasks?
        B♭3

Comment

What is wrong with wealthy people breeding? They are the ones who actually have the resources to train their children...

However, they are (generally) having very few children. It is those without the resources to train their children who have many.

Society could use a lot more trained doctors/scientists/engineers/nurses/etc.

JM
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Having kids you can support
            Having kids that you can't

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
              What is wrong with wealthy people breeding?
              They would just eat their children.
              I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
              - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

You eat your kids?

JM
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN
                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Don't knock it 'til you've tried it Jon.
                  Unbelievable!

Comment

Unbelievable!

Comment

You eat your kids?

JM
                      Well I can't afford to support him.
                      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

If the number of people grow, will the size of the Planet to grow too?

Best regards,

Comment

It doesn't need to. If we did things effectively or had more productive population, we could have 100X our current population.

However, our population growth is in the poor and untrained sector. And our trained and productive population is rapidly becoming senior citizens and unproductive.

So we will face some productivity issues because people in first world countries (the wealthy) were too selfish to have children.

JM
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

BK, it seems as if much of your argument boils down to the idea that Africa would be fine if it had better management, and that, all things being equal - ie, if they had better leadership - then their levels of population growth would be fine.

Guess what? I largely agree with you. My point is that, because the management doesn't look like it will be changing anytime soon, their population growth rates are a bad thing. Their leadership have created conditions which foster starvation and disease, and they are choosing to do very little about it. That being the case, do you agree that population growth, in this particular instance, is harmful?

Oh, and as for Nigeria between 1790s Prussia - perhaps, but there are certainly some countries in Africa that 1790s Prussia could defeat militarily (if that's what you were talking about).
                            Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
                            Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Theben
                              3 guys starving to death in Africa use a lot less than the average westerner.
                              Kill the West! Feed the Poor!

Ah hell, now I sound like a Maoist.
                              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

You eat your kids?

JM
                                If you braise your kids properly, they end up being quite delightful.
                                B♭3

Comment

Working...
                                X