Have You Ever Banged For Money?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have You Ever Banged For Money?

A hooker just rang my bell and it lead me to create this addition to Apolyton's collection of bizzare threads

Have you ever banged for money? Personally I can't recall having done so, but I can't exclude the possibility that I will as a retiree.
    Yes :(
    18.18%
    No :)
    75.76%
    There's a chance I did and don't remember
    3.03%
    Only by a banana
    0.00%
    Does a hole in a 48" pizza count?
    3.03%
    Unbelievable!

No, but they always want to reward me afterwards
    Blah

Comment

Well. Not for the *cash* per say. But I got a free taxi ride a few times, so effectively I've saved myself some cash. Now if only those trips were back to my place, it be win-win.
      Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
      -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Star, hey man, that's even lower. You got a cab ride ... I mean jeesh, how about some money at least? EVen hookers value themselves higher!
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

It was at a point in my life when I didn't value myself very highly.
          Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
          -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Was it at least a long-distance cab ride? Not down to the corner store?
            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

It was probably a shared cab and to an address he didn't even want to go.
              In da butt.
              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

ah. speaking of low points in my life, I seem to have accidently caused a conversation with the bf where I'm not sure if we're going to break up or not now.
                -Richard Dawkins

Comment

... so what did you say to him?
                  In da butt.

Comment

I wanted some re-assurance that I wasn't being taken for granted (there was a long stretch where he was too busy to spend much time together). It brought up a load of issues about his family, finances, sexuality(!) and how he's leaving the country in a year. He wasn't sure if we should be together given all of it and I had to stamp my foot and basically say '**** rational thought and planning for the future, I want to be with you now!"

I think we've reached a form of understanding but need to talk about it in person.
                    -Richard Dawkins

Comment

stop threadjacking
                      Unbelievable!

Comment

Yes I'm just a gigolo and everywhere I go people know the part I'm playing. Paid for every dance selling each romance. Ooh, what they're saying...
                        Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Last edited by Darius871; April 27, 2008, 18:44.
                          Unbelievable!

Comment

Star, talk in person but dude, leaving the country in a year, that's too far away to think about it. No I mean seriously, you can say it's rational all you want, but if he leaves in a year, that's such a long time it shouldn't be an issue at this point. If you guys really dig each other, it's going to be a non-issue anyway. SO make your conversation about other issues than that.
                            In da butt.

Comment

No.
                              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Working...
                              X