Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Medical thread: I did something kind of stupid, how do I fix?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And post it on youtube.
    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Take a rollingpin and roll it across your neck. If you feel something hard, it's still there.
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I called the 24 hour "registered nurse" telehealth number for Ontario but apparently it is hugely backlogged...

I'm going to try to find a 24 hr clinic, but there's not many it seems in Toronto
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Hot water. If hard candy's in tehre, it'll speed teh dissolving process; if it's swelling, irritation, it'll help that go down.
          "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Is it inevitable that it will eventually dissolve?
            Long time member @ Apolyton
            Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Go the emergency room dummy. It might become dislodged and straddle your airway. Use whatever they call insurance in Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly
                Hot water. If hard candy's in tehre, it'll speed teh dissolving process; if it's swelling, irritation, it'll help that go down.
                I'm glad you're not my doctor. Heat increases swelling.
                12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Killing it is the new killing it
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

If by 'candy', you mean a gerbil, and by 'throat' you mean your anus, you should definitely post it on youtube go see a doctor.
                  I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                  I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Just got off the phone with an RN for Ontario Health

She said she's 99% sure it's just swelling (since I did induce vomiting as well, etc).
                    Her official recommendation was to go to emergency (there are no 24 hr clinics in Toronto!), her unofficial was to sleep on it.
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Let us know if you die.
                      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Colon™
                        Do you have a webcam? Maybe you can show your throat to someone over IM.
                        You Tube material.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

So, resolution: Going to drink some more hot water just incase, then sleep on it with an extra pillow anyway.

If it still bugs me tomorrow I'll go to the clinic across the street from work.

Comment

HONEY! It might slide down.
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

You probably still should start a live streaming broadcast so people can check whether you're dying.
                              DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                                HONEY! It might slide down.
                                That's what I'm hoping for, into mah belly.

I ate a sub for lunch and pasta for dinner without issue, so the chances of something blocking it surely aren't too high.

Comment

Working...
                                X