Anime Apolyton - Spring 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I liked the dorky Shinigami.

Two words: shower scene. If you've seen the third episode, you would know it.
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Jumping back a bit to start:
      --"Oh, and I don't know if I mentioned it, but I loved Melancholy of Haruhi... (although I watched that last fall, I will probably end up buying it)"

The complete set has been announced for $59.98 MSRP, so you'll probably be able to pick it up for $40 or so when it comes out in July.

--"Recently I have been watching Saikano and Doki Doki School..."

Yeah, Doki Doki School Hours was mediocre at best. Saikano had more potential but was too heavy-handed to have any real rewatch value for me, not to mention the ending.

--"Saw the third episode of Code Geass. What can I say, except that Adult Swim's censoring was pretty clumsy."

If it's the scene I think it is, there was steam and so on in the original. I don't have cable, so I don't know what they did for the broadcast, but from what I've read on forums it did sound like they thickened it up. Not sure why, there wasn't really anything showing to start with. Second season really ups the fanservice ratio, too, so it'll be interesting to see what they do there.

--"Anyone know if this live-action deathnote is available for purchase on DVD or anything like that (legal)?"

Viz has the license for the live action movies, but they're not out yet. I think they're doing a simultaneous release with the theatrical, but I'm not sure. The movies were pretty bad.

Wraith
      "Doesn't this make you feel like you're eating chocolate while brushing your teeth?"
      -- Takemoto ("Honey and Clover")

Comment

BTW, how is Honey and Clover?

JM
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Wraith, I've seen screenies of the original. Nothing like this. Plus, the "steam" would suddenly appear and disappear (fully there one frame, fully gone the next) depending where the camera swept.

Are you familier with the Random Curiosity blogsite? Great site if you want hundreds of screenies, and totally spoilerific to boot.

Comment

Ah, yes. They did some blurring too that seemed unnecessary. Wasn't really paying attention to the steam.
            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
              BTW, how is Honey and Clover?

JM
              The anime, I liked. The live action, not so much.
              B♭3

Comment

--"BTW, how is Honey and Clover?"

Anime and manga are very good. Live action series is bad, movie is worse.

--" Plus, the "steam" would suddenly appear and disappear "

Heh, that's sad. Like I said, I haven't seen it, so I don't know what the broadcast version did.

--"Are you familier with the Random Curiosity blogsite?"

Looked at from time to time, but it's not on my regular read list.

I was hoping for something interesting from Anime Central last weekend, but no announcements I really cared about.
                Well, almost none. Bandai is going to be putting The Girl Who Leapt through Time in to theaters starting in June, in both dub and sub versions. Typical extremely limited number of theater release, unfortunately, but at least it'll be out somewhere. DVD won't be out until November.

Wraith
                "This is the first time I've seen the moment when someone falls in love."
                -- Mayama ("Honey and Clover")

Comment

I watched the first DVD of Death Note a couple of days ago. It was pretty good.
                  Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

The first DVD as in live-action or anime - and is it the same stuff that's available on adultswim.com or earlier than that??
                    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Death Note prequel where baby L solves the mystery of the messy diaper.
                      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Anime
                        Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Code Geass: ADULT SWIM PURGED PIZZA HUT.

Comment

I have been working through http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SliceOfLife and they are pretty much all great.

I have had a hard time finding the anime of Nodame Cantabile and the mid part of Sketchbook ~full color's~ (which is what I was watching this last week).

JM
                            (I mostly use veoh)
                            Jon Miller-
                            I AM.CANADIAN
                            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I don't know if anyone else caught the tragicomedies on Youtube over the past month related to Anime in the News (USA)...

1. In post-Columbine paranoia, someone was apparently arrested for making a 'DeathNote' notebook. Police thought it was a hitlist but it was a little amusing because when they show it it is obviously the deathnote notebook.

2. Horribly, some kid suffered a real life 'Desert Funeral' technique from Naruto, because he had red hair he was entombed in his own sandbox.
                              "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
                              "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
                              "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

When is Haruhi going to come in a bundle. I keep waiting, but not seeing it.

JM
                                Jon Miller-
                                I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Working...
                                X