Apple tring to push Safari onto Windows users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FrostyBoy
    I still disagree that FF is faster than IE. FF takes its time to open up (first time), it's okay after that for obvious reasons.

But IE opens up instantly for me on first run, and that to me is important. I also don't experience problems with IE while surfing, but I have with FF.
    Both FF and IE open up instantly for me on my PCs, if I've opened FF up at least once since I've rebooted.

IE loads on boot, FF doesn't until first use.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• I uninstalled Quicktime and itunes long ago. Even if they were still installed I'd tell my fire wall to block all access to those hideous programs. I don't want them asking me if I want to install Apples' latest crap every 30 seconds.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• It's also poor computer etiquette...

When it installs, it adds icons everywhere without asking.
        When it installs, it adds stuff to your startup process without asking.
        When it updates, it needs to download EVERYTHING again, not just a delta.
        When it updates, it re-adds icons everywhere without asking.
        When it updates, it re-adds stuff to your startup process without asking.

It's very much like Steve Jobs himself...
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Do you two have to be so melodramatic about everything?

I have both iTunes and Quicktimes. My ass has no shortcuts for either in the desktop, in the program menu, in the toolbar, anywhere. NEITHER ONE updates automatically, but prompts me when I start the programs. Updates never add short cuts or icons or whatever.

I seriously, seriously think the people in this thread are mentally ill and should run to a butcher and ask for their nuts to be cut off. I don't even care if you anesthetize yourselves first.

Comment

• I have both iTunes and Quicktimes. My ass has no shortcuts for either in the desktop, in the program menu, in the toolbar, anywhere. NEITHER ONE automatically, but prompts me when I start the programs. Updates never add short cuts or icons or whatever.

This is a blatant lie. I just had this happen again yesterday on my work computer, they do add the icons during the update.

Comment

• Very interesting debate.

It's flipping annoying that the functionality of the updater has changed and I am now required to pay extra careful attention in order to avoid installing something that I don't want.

Annoying is the key word. I'm annoyed. I find it to be an annoyance. As have others. All this debate about slimey or deceptive or bad for business, or who's stupid or who's not saavy is silly. It's incredibly annoying. 'Nuff said.
              The undeserving maintain power by promoting hysteria.

Comment

Working...
              X